This position is to provide technical leadership on a major Missile Defense Agency (MDA) Ballistic Missile Defense (BMD) Engineering Contract. The successful candidate will be capable of serving as a technical advisor to the director of engineering and provide technical direction to a large contractor support team tasked to provide Systems Engineering and Integration support to the BMD system. The candidate must have a thorough understanding of BMD strategic planning, system engineering, modeling & simulation, test and assessment of the BMD system.
• Must have demonstrated experience in providing technical leadership, direction and management oversight of engineering activities on a Ballistic Missile Defense Engineering program
• Must possess extensive managerial and business knowledge necessary to provide technical leadership to a contractor team in the execution of a BMD system engineering contract
• Must be proficient in MDA BMD standards, principles, practices, and processes related to complex weapon system engineering
• 10 years technical team management experience required, preferably on a Ballistic Missile Defense related program
• Security Clearance Required: Top Secret, SCI eligible
• Must have completed a Master’s Degree in Engineering or Science and 10 years of experience.
Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.