7 months ago
KBRwyle is seeking a Project Manager experienced with large-scale Information Systems design, development, deployment and sustainment support in order to achieve the Army’s vision for the Army Training Information System (ATIS). The successful candidate is expected to work in the Chesapeake, VA area. Travel will be required during the performance of the contract to government and contractor sites.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
• Manage the delivery of the services against agreed schedule, quality, scope, budget and defined deliverables
• Develop and manage program governance model, external and internal stakeholder expectations, and procedures for performance management and program change, issues and risk management
• Provide consistent and comprehensive status reporting including executive-level reports, project updates, ongoing cost analyses, significant issue management/resolution and communication at project and executive levels
• Develop and propose value engineering initiatives
• Lead structured risk and issue management by planning, tracking, controlling and escalation/reporting; analyze issues and risks in terms of impact to schedule and budget and identify and execute upon mitigation plans
• Manage escalation of risks and issues; hold individual team members accountable to effectively manage issues based on priority and impact
• Ensure all deliverables and activities required to meet the project scope and objectives are identified and documented and comply with the statement of work
• Provide direction to all related project management staff including educating team members on project/program scope of work, objectives, deliverables, processes and standards
• Manage subcontractor and supplier relationships.
• Develop trusted customer relationships through a focus on exceeding customer expectations, demonstrating credibility through applied subject matter expertise, and being responsive to customer needs
Education/Experience: A Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field and fifteen (15) years of project/program management experience managing complex design, development, deployment and sustainment projects is required. Certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP) or a graduate certificate in project management, including instruction in agile project management, is highly desired. A Master’s Degree in Information Systems or a related field is preferred. Candidates should have experience effectively modeling, scheduling, resourcing, cost estimating and delivering projects using MS Project or similar tools. The ideal candidate would have experience managing a geographically dispersed workforce. Prior experience with DoD Information Systems, preferably Army Information Systems, is highly desired.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: The successful candidate must have a solid understanding of key project management concepts and terminology and have strong leadership, communication, organization, time management, team management, scheduling, cost control, risk management, contract management, task management, and quality management skills. Applying Earned Value Management (EVM) methods and reporting status using EVM is required. The candidate is expected to proactively engage with team members, customers and leadership to ensure a highly effective work output. The candidate is required to hold, or be able to obtain and maintain, a secret clearance.
Applicant selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.