12 days ago
The Boeing Company is currently seeking a Senior Project Manager to join the Shared Services Group’s Project Management Office (PMO) in Mesa, AZ.
This position is part of a new PMO organization in Mesa which will provide project management support across a vast service portfolio for internal stakeholders across the globe. To succeed in this role you must be a self-starter with strong communication skills and experience managing complex projects with distributed teams consisting of both Boeing and supplier resources. You will be responsible for managing multiple, complex project plans and deliverables, and will need to demonstrate a thorough understanding of the project life cycle and project management principles and best practices.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Manage the overall development and operation of a service using defined processes and deliverables
• Define project scope and stakeholders
• Understand project costs and benefits and be skilled in discussing benefit trade-offs with stakeholders
• Communicate effectively across project stakeholders, including executives
• Identify and manage specific schedule activities necessary to complete project deliverables. Identify and document dependencies and task sequencing. Validate estimates of type and quantity of resources and duration using forecast data and historical data (where available).
• Identify and analyze risks, create mitigation plans, and escalate as appropriate to senior leadership and executive management with recommendations. Lead identification, categorization, prioritization, and mitigation of risks.
• Analyze data and produce meaningful metrics, KPIs, reports, and lessons learned
• Manage supplier relationships to deliver products and services
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
OFFICE OF INT GOVERNCE
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Typical Education / Experience:
Bachelor's degree and typically 10 or more years' related work experience, a Master's degree and typically 8 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Basic Qualifications (required):
• 5+ years of experience using project management principles and industry best practices (PMBOK), including a thorough understanding of the project management life cycle, knowledge areas, and tools (example: MS Project).
• 5+ years of experience leading and influencing people in a matrix organization
• This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
• Possess strong written and verbal communications skills including the ability to successfully interact with executives.
• Ability to work in ambiguous situations, clearly identity customer needs, perform cost-benefit analysis, and drive consensus across multiple stakeholders
• Possess a customer service mindset.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
• Data analysis & reporting
• Experience with Project Portfolio Management
• Ability to support international stakeholders including cultural sensitivity and willingness to support conference calls in early morning or late evenings, as required
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award