2 months ago
Managing Director Cabin Systems & Cabin Design
ALASKA AIRLINES' STORY
Alaska Airlines is one of the most respected names in aviation and flies throughout its namesake state and the Lower 48, as well as to Hawaii, Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica and Cuba. Our roots date to 1932 and are symbolized by the Alaska Native painted on the tails of our aircraft. Guided by what we call the "Alaska Spirit", we pride ourselves on providing a lifeline to remote communities while delivering renowned service to everyone we fly. This commitment has brought us national and international recognition. We've been honored with a variety of awards by readers of Travel + Leisure, Conde Nast Traveler, USA Today and others. Alaska, with Virgin America, is the premier airline for people on the West Coast, and together with its sister carrier Horizon Air, flies to more than 118 destinations. The two airlines are subsidiaries of Alaska Air Group Inc. (NYSE:ALK) with annual revenues exceeding $7 billion.
The Project Manager III plays a key role in driving the execution and successful delivery of large and/or complex projects in support of Alaska Air Groups initiatives, and in accordance with established standards and best practices. This role manages projects in the Maintenance & Engineering (M&E) division which includes but not limited to aircraft interior retrofit, aircraft delivery, connectivity installation, cabin upgrades, hangar upgrade, and new IT system implementation within the division.
Scope & Complexity
- This position supports large and/or complex project management activities for Alaska Air Group (AAG) in the Maintenance & Engineering (M&E) division.
- Develops project plans, charters, and schedules that support business needs and follow the established project methodology, standards, and best practices.
- Partners with the project sponsor and stakeholders to create alignment around the business objectives, measurable benefits, success criteria, scope, deliverables, and constraints impacting project delivery.
- Works effectively with internal and external groups to ensure successful completion of projects.
- Works with customers to define tasks and to integrate business processes and technology into effective business solutions.
- Organizes and leads meetings to define and document project work breakdown structures, detailed schedules, resource plans, budgets, and people change management plans.
- Leads the project team to maximize involvement and to achieve objectives.
- Ensures that all project documentation is completed accurately and on time.
- Monitors costs and provides reporting progress to ensure projects are within budget; anticipates and monitors for issues.
- Ensures the project team is appropriately staffed, has clearly defined roles and responsibilities, and individual commitment for deliverables.
- Identifies, manages, and tracks change requests (CRs).
- Executes the project on time and on budget.
- Communicates project health to the project team, stakeholders, steering committee, and executive leadership.
- Actively identifies risks and manages with mitigation plans.
- Negotiates across multiple work groups and divisions to resolve project conflicts or resource constraints.
- Identifies and escalates unresolved issues with recommended action for correction.
- Identifies opportunities to expedite project delivery, reduce cost, and/or enhance business results.
- Analyzes system functionality and business processes, identifies efficiency improvements, implements changes, and determines and documents solutions.
- Participates in documenting, prioritizing, and management of M&E work requests.
- Develops and manages test plans and cases.
- Participates in Statement of Work (SOW) development and authors business case (BC) for major projects.
- Up to 20% travel may be required.
- A minimum of 5 years as a project manager or equivalent leadership and work experience.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience documenting business requirements.
- Hands on experience in project management, including all elements of scope, schedule, budget, risk evaluation, issue resolution, quality, integration, staffing, and communications.
- Experience leading projects that directly affect multiple organizations, departments and/or entire company, including projects involving process improvement principles and technology integration.
- Ability to:
- Find solutions to complex issues that incorporate a variety of user's needs.
- Alternate between strategic, tactical and operational perspectives while working in projects to quickly determine long, medium and short impact of solutions proposed.
- Quickly grasp new concepts and technologies and adapt to changes and demands.
- Manage multiple, competing objectives and tasks.
- Experience in facilitating the creation of project metrics and establishing a method of tracking.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to coordinate and facilitate discussions with internal teams and vendors.
- High skill level with analytical and presentation tools such as Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- A can do attitude when facing adversity and the ability to remain calm during tough situations.
- Ability to embrace and reach to constant changes.
- Ability to manage multiple large projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated team lead experience.
- Minimum age of 18
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- At least 2 years developing and managing test plans.
- Understanding of the FAA Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) process
Job-Specific Leadership Expectations
- Embody the Alaska Spirit and conduct oneself with Professionalism, Integrity, Resourcefulness and Caring
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- A Bachelor of Arts or a Bachelor of Science degree is required.
- A Master of Business Administration degree is preferred.
The location for this position is in Seattle, Washington
OUR CULTURE - ALASKA AIRLINES
For eligible employees, our company offers a unique total rewards package that few companies can match, including insurance coverage for medical, dental and vision care, 401(k) retirement savings plans, monthly and annual incentive bonus plans, time off and a generous employee travel program. Our values reflect who we are at work and in our communities: Own Safety, Do the Right Thing, Be Kind-Hearted, Deliver Performance, and Be Remarkable. Alaska Airlines also fosters a diverse and inclusive culture and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please apply on or before: October 2, 2017
A few helpful tips when applying -
~Before applying, we recommend that you clear your browsing history including your temporary internet files and disable pop-up blockers. You can accomplish this by going to the Tools tab.
~Gather your paperwork, including your work history (we require 10 years of work history to be added to the application), resume etc. - before you apply to the position.
~ If you would like to include a cover letter, add it as your first page to your resume. Your resume is part of your application and unique to each position you apply to..
~Once in the application, be sure to use the links provided to return to the previous page if needed. The back button is not compatible with our system.
Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air do not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants are also protected by law.
Alaska Airlines y Horizon Air no toleran discriminacion o acoso en base a raza, color, credo, religion, origen nacional, estatus migratorio de residencia o ciudadania, edad, sexo, orientacion sexual, identidad de genero o expresion, estado civil, discapacidad, estado veterano protegido, informacion genetica o cualquier otra base protegida por la legislacion aplicable. Empleados o aspirantes que indaguen, discutan o revelen su compensacion o la remuneracion de otros empleados o aspirantes tambien estan protegidos por ley.