3 months ago
Project Manager, NPI (Mechanical)
About the Organization
Astronics Corporation is a leading supplier of advanced technologies and products to the global aerospace, defense and semiconductor industries. Astronics' products include advanced, high-performance electrical power generation and distribution systems, lighting and safety systems, avionics products, aircraft structures, engineering design and systems certification, and automatic test systems.
Astronics' strategy is to increase its value by developing technologies and capabilities, either internally or through acquisition, and using those capabilities to provide innovative solutions to its targeted markets and other markets where its technology can be beneficial.
Astronics Corporation, through its wholly-owned subsidiaries, has a reputation for high-quality designs, exceptional responsiveness, strong brand recognition and best-in-class manufacturing practices.
Project Manager (PECO)
PECO-Astronics, located in Clackamas, Oregon, designs and manufactures highly engineered commercial aerospace interior components and systems for the aerospace industry. We specialize in Passenger Service Units (PSUs) which incorporate air handling, emergency oxygen, electrical power management and cabin lighting systems. We also manufacture a wide range of fuel tank access doors that meet stringent strength, fuel sealing and anti-corrosion requirements. PECO enjoys a longstanding relationship with many aerospace customers, including The Boeing Company, for which it provides a variety of products across its line of commercial airliners.
In support of our growth, we are seeking to add a Project Manager to our team. PECO personnel regularly interface with our customers, suppliers, and coworkers across business unit lines within manufacturing, quality, accounting, purchasing, sales, customer service, and engineering to analyze needs and develop solutions. It is imperative to our growth that we have a team of individuals who are willing to challenge ideas and continuously strive to make improvements.
The purpose of this position is to lead cross-functional project teams through a stage gate process for a broad range of purposes. Projects may encompass initiatives for new product development, line extensions, cost reduction initiatives, value added engineering, manufacturing improvements and/or sustaining projects and may be in either aerospace, defense, medical, or similar markets. All aspects of schedule, budget, requirements compliance, and quality fall under the responsibility of the Project Manager. Interaction and relationship building with the customer will be critical to one’s success. All output must be in compliance with the AS9100 quality system and FAA regulations (if applicable).
This position will be focused primarily on mechanical systems such as Fuel Tank Access Doors, Die-Casting, Molding and CNC opportunities within the Aerospace, Defense and Medical market sectors. Accordingly, an emphasis will be placed on the applicant's knowledge and experience in tooling dies, die casting, injection molding and CNC processes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
May include, but not limited to, the following:
* Manage assigned projects from inception to production, utilizing PECO’s stage gate process while displaying effective communication, problem resolution, technical acumen, sound decision making, and strong project management skills. Expertise in change management and conflict resolution is a must.
* Manage assigned projects, ranging from large programmatic projects of several years duration to small cost reduction initiatives over a few months.
* Upon or before contract award, the Project Manager will oversee all facets of the formal product development to meet the customer’s requirements within PECO’s stage gate process. To achieve this, the Project Manager will lead a cross functional team, including Sales, Customer Service, Planning, Materials/Purchasing, Quality, Manufacturing Engineering, Production, and Design Engineering.
* For each project assigned, is responsible for achieving compliance with the schedule, budget, scope, and customer satisfaction by leading a cross functional team to achieve the project’s charter/objectives.
* Support PECO’s Business Development personnel in assessing new opportunities. This includes interaction with customers, contract negotiations, concept delivery, and requirements determination.
* Presentations internal and external to PECO, with audiences ranging from senior business executives to production workers.
* Oversee resolution of project’s challenges, both internally and externally, to ensure the needs of both the customer and PECO are met.
* Provide leadership, mentoring and coaching to lesser experienced personnel supporting assigned projects.
* Effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, with all functional departments, senior management, and customers providing clear direction, planning, guidance, decisions, status, and issue resolution.
* Travel as required.
This position may require knowledge of SOX / 404 internal audit controls and related documentation and this position may be responsible for the performance of various functions that may be an integral part of the Company’s overall SOX / 404 internal control structure.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent with five years of Project Management experience. An advanced degree is preferred. – or - Ten years or more of project management related experience in a technical new product development setting within a manufacturing organization. A degree is preferred.
* Experience working with tooling dies, die casting, injection molding and CNC processes.
* Strong leadership experience, involving multiple direct reports or collaborative leadership. Must be proven via past job performance.
* Proven performance in a fast paced, high pressure environment with challenging deadlines.
* Excellent knowledge of project management and stage gate processes; ability to discuss and apply same in a new product development and manufacturing setting. PMP certification a plus.
* Sound communication skills, including ability to produce and present presentations before senior executives, customers, internal company co-workers, and the general public.
* Experience in change management and conflict resolution. Understands importance of teamwork, gaining “buy-in” from team members prior to execution, and leading by example.
* To perform this job successfully, an individual must have strong computer skills including proficiency with MS Office applications and project management software (i.e. MS Project).
* Must be knowledgeable of stage gate processes, and how the following interact with: operations, scheduling, procurement, manufacturing and quality systems.
* Aerospace manufacturing experience strongly desired.
* AS9100 experience or equivalent (TS16949, ISO 9001, etc) highly desired.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
In summary, this leadership position within a dynamic and growing Aerospace company will have a significant impact to the successful future growth achieved at PECO-Astronics.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.
8 days ago
only 6 days until close
7 days ago
only 7 days until close
7 days ago
only 7 days until close
7 days ago
only 7 days until close