5 months ago
Project Manager, Plant layout-MON13621
the evolution of mobility
At Bombardier Aerospace, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
General description of the job
- The mandate of our team is to plan and execute various plant layout projects for our facilities and assembly stations located in a high performance plant which produces and assembles prestigious business jets.
- Our work helps to improve our installations which are constantly evolving. We pride ourselves on our dynamic work environment which is designed to be safe, motivating for our employees and inspiring to our clients who visit the plant.
- As a project manager, you will have to collaborate with our internal clients in order to properly understand and fulfill their needs. Your mandate will be to determine and implement the most appropriate solutions in a complex environment, often times with tight deadlines.
- You will coordinate works with various parties, both internal and external. You will be responsible for managing your projects while respecting established timelines, costs, applicable laws, rules and regulations as well as different parameters relating to health, safety and environment in order to ensure the quality of implemented projects/solutions.
Tasks and responsibilities
As part of your job, you will be required to:
- Define and develop layouts for our plant which are efficient, well adapted and ergonomically suited to the various work stations in our plant which represents a showroom for our visitors.
- Evaluate and take into consideration the needs/requirements of other departments in the plant, namely Methods, Engineering, Master Schedule, Tooling, Logistics, Production, Maintenance and others when planning and executing works or changes in the facilities.
- Prepare technical or performance specifications in order to complete various modifications of production workstations or to proceed with the purchase of equipment.
- Follow up tightly with contractors and supervise required works in order to attain all timeline deadlines, achieve the highest standards of quality as well as comply with the various internal work rules and Health and Safety regulation.
- Frequently communicate with our internal clients to inform them of the progress of their various requests and/or projects.
As our ideal candidate,
- You are versatile, quite practical, and have obtained a University or College diploma in industrial engineering, mechanical engineering, architecture or equivalent.
- You have a minimum of eight years of relevant work experience in project management pertaining to plant layout or plant engineering in an assembly/manufacturing environment.
- You have experience in project management and drawing/design on AutoCAD.
- You consider the strategic implications behind every decision you take. You have a great capacity for critical analysis and synthesis.
- You are able to implement solutions which are geared towards the global vision and are focused on results.
- You enjoy teamwork and have excellent communication capabilities.
- You are very autonomous, innovative and dynamic.
- You have good computer skills and are proficient in a Windows environment using such software as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Project.
- You have excellent organizational skills and leadership.
- You are capable of managing several tasks/projects at the same time (multitasking).
- You have a good command of the French language (written and spoken) and the English language (functional).
Bombardier Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Primary Location: CA-QC-Montreal Dorval
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 13.10.2017, 12:30:41 PM
28.10.2017, 3:59:00 AM