3 months ago
The Program Manager will report to the Manager - B2B Products and Self- Service and is primarily responsible for creating, enhancing and maintaining online applications for travel agents and corporate travel managers. Potential projects include: Electronic Non-Cash Incentives, Travel Exceptions, Agency and Corporate Exceptions and Preferred Seats. A successful candidate will be able to synthesize large amounts of information, operate in the abstract, and produce creative solutions that will delight the end user and satisfy all technical requirements. He or she will accomplish this by understanding and communicating Sales business priorities and by seeking out subject matter experts within and external to Sales, to gain an understanding of the relevant systems, capabilities, and respective technologies and objectives.
The Program Manager will also work closely with Delta Sales Support, Revenue Management, Sales Development, Sales Communications, Sales Strategy, Field Sales and B2B customers to ensure the technical solutions support and complement existing programs and processes, as well as proposing changes to existing programs to better support our customers.
The Program Manager will foster a strong team focused environment. Engagement with Sales leaders and Field Sales engagement teams will ensure technology solutions are valuable and fully utilized within the Sales organization. In addition, he or she will analyze the various projects for implications and opportunities for the Sales organization and effectively summarize the findings.
The Program Manager will lead a variety of project meetings including kick-off meetings, requirements gathering sessions and design sessions, as needed. The program Manager will be responsible for maintaining user stories and backlogs, serving as the Product Owner in the Agile development process. The Program Manager will also be responsible for ensuring completion of required testing, troubleshooting and use case development. The Program Manager will represent Sales' customers (B2B), concerns and benefits and act as a Product Owner and liaison between Sales and other business and IT teams. He or she will provide routine and frequent progress updates to Sales leaders. The Program Manager will identify, incorporate and leverage functionality from other projects into Sales current and future projects. The Program Manager will represent Sales on cross divisional Delta projects to ensure organizational awareness of the any relevant technology changes, and to ensure Sales requirements are incorporated as needed.
Practices safety-conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.
* Bachelor's degree in a business, technical or analytical discipline and 5 years equivalent work experience, or an MBA with 3 years of relevant work experience. MBA or similar advanced degrees desired.
* General knowledge of Global Sales strategies, programs, processes, tools and infrastructure is useful; proven project management skills a plus.
* Experience working with Agile project lifecycle strongly desired.
* Should possess strong analytical skills and technical knowledge in order to understand relevant processes and address business needs.
* Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and deliver quality work within time constraints.
* Excellent written and verbal communication and executive presentation skills.
* Works well with others in a fast-paced time-sensitive environment.
* High level of accuracy and attention to detail is required.
* Demonstrates initiative and self-directs work.
* Should have the political savvy and managerial skills needed to navigate multiple organizations, including communication, interpersonal relations, and project leadership.
* Comfortable interacting and presenting information to a variety of individuals with the organization, including senior leaders.
* Proficient PC skills including advanced level knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point and project lifecycle management software required.
* Salesforce knowledge a plus.
* Must be willing and able to travel occasionally.