12 months ago
Project Manufacturing Engineer
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 49456BR Date posted 05/23/City Chula Vista
Country United States
At UTC Aerospace Systems, we take great pride in creating career opportunities for our employees, and we provide them with the tools, training and support they need to achieve their goals.
UTC Aerospace Systems is one of the world's largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products. We design, manufacture and service systems and components and provide integrated solutions for commercial, regional, business and military aircraft, helicopters and other platforms. We are also a major supplier to international space programs.
In 2012, UTC Aerospace Systems was formed by combining two industry leaders, Hamilton Sundstrand and Goodrich, creating an organization with key positions on a wide range of aircraft flying today and substantial content on various UAVs, satellites and ground and naval vehicles.
United Technologies Aerospace System (UTAS) in Chula Vista, CA is seeking an A350 Project Manufacturing Engineer to join our team.
Job duties will include:
* Organize and manage various long term projects in support of factory operations
* Projects would be diverse utilizing manufacturing engineering expertise and industrial background
Analyze engineering drawings and models to understand the basic manufacturing methodologies required for fabrication
* Formulate tooling concepts to support the manufacturing of sheet metal, machined and composite components
* Trouble shoot existing tooling
* Investigate manufacturing and producibility issues at internal and external sites, must be able to solve issues remotely
* Support the Design Engineers by suggesting ideas to make the detail components or assemblies more cost effective and producible
* Develop and implement rework/retrofit plans as needed to introduce configuration changes into manufacturing
* Assist the Supply Chain group by providing technical support for ROM quotes for detail components, assemblies and tooling
* Support Lean Manufacturing activities and events
* Support Configuration Management by participating in the various change board meetings
* Must have a basic understanding of the lean tools; 5S, 3P, Takt Time, Standard Work and Process Mapping
* Skilled in the use of MS Office, especially PowerPoint and Excel
* Possess strong communication skills with the ability to effectively work in a team environment interacting with multiple disciplines
* Possess strong decision-making skills that support a focused determination to drive for results
-ACE or other lean manufacturing knowledge
Must be U.S. Citizen
Education BA/BS degree Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing or Engineering w/4–7+ related years’ experience
MA/MS degree w/2–5+ years related experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.