This position supports tasking for NAVAIR and requires flying as a project pilot in Dallas, TX. The work is primarily conducted in and around the DFW area. The successful candidate will provide test plan preparation and flight test conduct support. Travel is required.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Providing flight services for P-3 and P-8 training flights, support services flights (logistics, transport, VIP, Demonstration), maintenance, acceptance testing, and flight testing (operational test, developmental test, Integration and test, and science and technology).
- Participating in all aircrew training, ground training, and flight training.
- Performing instructor duties.
- Assisting Integrated Product Teams with aircraft data necessary for mission planning.
Education: A Bachelors with a minimum of twelve (12) years of experience in engineering, math, physics, or other technical discipline is required. A Test Pilot School Graduate is desired.
Experience/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A minimum of five years experience in the operational employment of airborne, search, detect, and tracking systems, as utilized on maritime surveillance aircraft.
- Demonstrated ability to work with integrated test teams that are comprised of military civilian, and contractor personnel.
- A minimum of 2000 hours in the P-3/P-8 family of aircraft.
- Past or current designation as a Patrol Plane Commander.
- Ability to pass the physical and qualification requirements to provide contract aircrew support.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Effective organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Dual qualification in P-3 and P-8A- Experience with APS-149 and APS-154- DT and/or OT systems test experience of P-3/P-8 family systems.
- Recent experience with RDT&E and/or acquisition for advanced military electronics/computer systems.
- Advanced Sensor Technologies Program Office experience.
Applicant selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. A Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within the past five years is required.
For immediate confidential consideration, please apply online by clicking "Apply Now to Join Our Team."