6 months ago
B/E Aerospace, a wholly owned subsidiary of Rockwell Collins Inc., is a leading manufacturer of aircraft interior products and solutions.
B/E Aerospace's Oak Plaza operations are comprised of the core enabling functions, including: Engineering, Research & Development, Program Management, Product Support, Strategic Supply Chain, Sales & Marketing, Quality, Finance and Human Resources. Together these functional teams collaborate to help engineer the most innovative and highest quality main cabin economy and premium aircraft seating for various customers around the globe.
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we have a number of exciting positions available right now, including a Proposal Coordinator in our Seating Products Group business located in Winston-Salem, NC.
Reporting to the Manager of Internal Sales, the Proposal Coordinator is responsible for seating sales activities and contributes to achievement of booking targets for specific bid campaigns as determined by the bid manager, and works closely with the sales and account management teams.
* Manages Request For Proposal (RFP) responses from receipt to hand-off to Program Management/Engineering in a fast-paced environment
* Prepares project financials for management review and approval
* Assists sales team in developing project budgets, pricing and negotiation strategies for management review and approval
* Coordinates and analyzes technical information, product specifications and work scopes with engineering for proposal preparation
* Analyzes product cost information for financial presentation
* Works closely with Program Management and Engineering leadership to verify project schedules
* Reviews, coordinates and prepares responses to customer inquiries
* Assists legal team in the preparation of customer contracts
* Performs other duties as required
* Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related area from a four-year college or university or an equivalent combination of formal education, on-the-job training, and/or work experience.
* Two (2) years of relevant experience
* Intermediate MS Office skills; including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* Ability to work with fundamental mathematical concepts including fractions, ratios and margin calculations
* Ability to read, analyze and interpret procedures and requests
* Demonstrated proficiency using Adobe Acrobat
* Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
* Ability to work with fundamental financial and mathematical concepts including fractions, ratios and gross margins
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with stakeholders at all levels of the organization
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed descriptions of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.