5 months ago
Responsible for proposal team guidance, preparation, training, and development through proposal submittal as required. Responsible for the overall management of specific proposal volumes or total proposal efforts for assigned new business opportunity(ies) and/or competitive renewal(s) of current contract(s). Provides management coordination with corporate staff departments, appropriate operations (project) management and the other assigned business development resources. Responsible for RFP compliance throughout the proposal process. Supervises activities of technical specialists, writers, production personnel and others assigned to the proposal team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage all aspects of the proposal to include capture assistance, proposal outlines, compliance checks, template creation, writing assignments, color reviews, and data call development and tracking. Support for final product preparation - grammar/proofing (editing), formatting (desktop publishing), and printing/hard copy production
• Ultimately responsible for the timely, compliant development of all proposal volumes and artifacts, from kick off to delivery
• Review the RFP and SOWs, create capabilities, and identify all customer deliverables. Using Section L&M (or equivalent) build detailed compliance matrices and outlines to ensure the submission of compliant proposals
• Create proposals schedules and timelines to manage quality and on-time proposal deliveries and ensure the team stays on track through the proposal lifecycle.
• Lead the proposal team by preparing writing assignments and direction, perform focused color reviews, and verify compliance. Provide recommendations and guidance to authors to ensure the customers’ requirements are met, confirm the incorporation of all approved review comments/recommendations.
• Version control of proposal related document
• Support the Capture Manager in the development, presentation and management of competitive reviews (black Hat) and strategy development (blue team) reviews
• Prepare and conduct proposal kickoffs, develop story boards, schedule and conduct color team technical reviews and debriefs,
• Writing and rewriting sections of the proposals as required, provide desktop publishing, and production.
• Maintain proposal and past performance library
• Research and identify upcoming opportunities thru the use of various online search engines and customer interface.
• Maintain company business pipeline for new and emerging opportunities
• Create and maintain Business Development schedule and resource requirements
• Develop and maintain corporate proposal process
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
• 10% travel required.
• Other duties as assigned
Required Experience and Education
-Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Aviation, Management or related field with 5 to 7 years’ experience in Business Development/Proposal Management
-Excellent Oral & Written Communication
-Time and Budget Management
-Problem Solving & Decision Making
-Running Meetings & Presentations
-Eligible for secret security clearance
-Shipley Proposal Management training
-Highly Organized & Strong Analytical Abilities
-Able to Multi-task in Fast-paced Environments
• Document Grammar and Proofing
• Expert capability with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) MS Project - Experience and understanding of Service Contract Act (SCA) and union management e.g. Collective Bargaining Agreements (CBA)
-General knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and The Truth in Negotiations Act (TINA)
Special Position Requirements:
An experienced leader and executive with appropriate industry experience, preferably in the aviation industry who is an energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards. A well organized, self-directed individual who is a team player. An intelligent and articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possesses excellent communication skills.
Doss Aviation, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status or disability.