9 months ago
This hourly, non-exempt position requires knowledge of purchasing and inventory control with an energetic work ethic able to adapt with changing priorities. Daily job requirements remain consistent but can change as assigned by the MCM. Must be able to work closely with others in a team atmosphere on various projects as assigned. Daily duties will include, but are not limited to, entering of purchase orders placed, search O.E.M.s and independent parts sources for certified and traceable product at the best price. Receipt of no cost services. Work closely with MCM to maintain set dollar amount on inventory level. Multiple airframes or specific component groups are assigned to each Purchaser with numerous aircraft within each airframe or group on site or scheduled for future work at any given time.
- Place orders for request parts.
- Coordinate with shipping on outside work requests.
- Work with vendors to maintain competitive pricing.
- Work within West Star repair station manual guidelines to maintain certified and traceable parts.
- Provide product pricing and availability to requesting technician.
- Coordinate product status with requesting department or technician.
- Research and maintain inventory stock requirements.
- Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have prior purchasing and inventory control experience.
- Aviation parts purchasing helpful.
- Must have previous computer experience with mainframe and PC databases.
- Must have experience with Internet use.
- Must be able to work with numbers and calculations.
- Must be self-motivated with a good attitude and able to change with priorities.
- Must be well-organized with an attention to detail work ethic.
- Strong written, verbal, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to process work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to coordinate project.
- Shop products and/or services for competitive pricing.
- Maintain high standards of certification and traceability of all parts and product purchased.
- Analyze stock requirements to maintain mandated levels.
- Follow all company and safety rules during performance of duties.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Routine walking, bending and usage of stairs.
- Sit at desk and/or computer for extended intervals.