about 1 month ago
Job Title: Purchasing Coordinator - (5) - CA
Region: CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
Duration: 3 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Purchasing Coordinator for an opening in Hawthorne, CA.
Overall responsibilities are to support purchase order delivery performance of Machining, Composites, Avionics, Special Process, Castings, Forgings, Fabricated Parts. This includes:
• Efficiently and proactively manage tracking of open orders;
• Resolve delivery performance problems creatively with a minimal amount of supervision;
• Coordinate with Receiving, Engineering, Quality, and Planning to resolve incoming receiving issues and and promptly escalate issue as needed for resolution;
• Update purchase orders with latest delivery status and provide status to stakeholders impacted by product delivery;
• Coordinate with demand planners to obtain true production need date of parts and expedite components as needed to keep production lines running;
• Develop relationships with suppliers in order to resolve delivery concerns and improve delivery performance;
• Conduct regular teleconferences with suppliers on appropriate basis to track deliveries, issues, and concerns;
• Coordinate vendor returns through all departments; and
• Manage aging PO’s (work with vendor to understand what PO’s are old and should be closed).
• Purchasing or Supply Chain experience is helpful, but not required for this position. Excellent customer service, efficient communication style, remarkable problem solving skills, and common office software application skills are more important for this role.
• Strong technical knowledge and skills in current office software technologies and applications, especially MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, etc)
• Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Finance or technical discipline preferred
• Ability to learn quickly and prioritize appropriately to meet customer and company needs.
• Must be detail-oriented, self-motivated and able to respond quickly to a fast-moving and ever-changing environment.
• Conducts all activities with the highest of integrity.
• Have experience working with, manipulating, and developing reports and dashboard from SQL databases, VBA, macros
High School Diploma
5/50, 1st Shift: 8:00am-5:00pm
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.