7 months ago
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 51011BR Date posted 07/12/City Phoenix
Assists the Purchasing Team in the continuous flow of raw materials to manufacturing and service processes in the most efficient and cost effective manner.
Responsible for supporting the Purchasing team with the following:
- Purchase components and commodities for production.
- Status purchase orders
- Obtain schedule and delivery confirmations from suppliers
- Anticipate and communicate delivery delays from suppliers
- Manage part shortages and expedite
- Resolve receipt and invoice discrepancies
- Monitor delivery performance
- Execute process improvements
- Execute disposition with suppliers on CO revisions
- Escalate supplier management issues to supply chain management
This intern would have the opportunity to learn SAP and maintain updated work breakdown structures as part of the project team, prepare journal entries and associated analysis of journal entry data, analyze project costs, work on quarterly projects (such as eSOX), collection and analysis of state tax return information, compile data, generate monthly reporting package information and complete ad hoc analysis and projects.
*Experience / Qualifications
- Must be a self-driven worker who is always looking to excel in what they do.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Good computer skills with ability to learn new programs/software.
- Ability to work under pressure and within time constraints.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to multi-task amidst rapid change.
*Education / Certifications
Pursuing a BS degree in Purchasing & Supply Chain Management, Business, or other related education
Preferred: Junior level of education and ability to work part-time during the school year and full-time during the summer.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.