12 days ago
L-3 Logistics Solutions (Vertex) has been a part of the Madison and Ridgeland, Mississippi community since moving its headquarters here in 1989. Located just a few miles north of Jackson, South Madison County is one of the fastest growing counties in Mississippi, yet remains a small, friendly community full of rich history and looking forward to a bright future. Madison is sister city to Solleftea, Sweden, home to Tulane University’s sub-campus, and offers the State’s top public, private, and parochial school systems. Whether it be shopping, dining, entertainment or outdoor activities, South Madison County is a desirable place to live and raise a family.
Sources; negotiates and purchases machinery; equipment; tools; raw material; packaging materials; parts; services; and/or supplies necessary for operation of an organization.
Compiles and analyzes statistical data to determine feasibility of buying products and to establish price objectives.
Monitors performance of suppliers.
Compiles information to keep informed on price trends and manufacturing processes.
Evaluates areas of opportunity to leverage material acquisitions.
Tracks data to keep informed on price trends and manufacturing processes.
Negotiates with suppliers and analyzes suppliers' operations to determine factors that affect prices and to determine lowest cost consistent with quality; reliability; and ability to meet required schedules.
Reviews proposals; negotiates prices; selects or recommends suppliers; analyzes trends; follows up orders placed; verifies delivery; approves payment; and maintains necessary records.
May prepare request for proposals (RFP) and bid packages.
Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years of professional experience working in a supervisor/manager capacity within Purchasing/Procurement in aerospace/defense or manufacturing OR Associate's Degree and 6 years of professional experience working in a supervisor/manager capacity within Purchasing/Procurement in aerospace/defense or manufacturing OR High School Diploma or Equivalent and 10 years of professional experience working in a supervisor/manager capacity within Purchasing/Procurement in aerospace/defense or manufacturing.
* Proven Abilities to:
* Develop and execute high level project plans
* Manage multiple work streams with conflicting objectives
* Create effective negotiation strategy, taking into account the needs of multiple vested parties
* Anticipate and take ownership resolving all business issues related to managed work streams
* Required personal attributes: Leadership, strong interpersonal skills, outstanding oral and written communications, proactive, innovative, disciplined, team-builder, motivator, closer.
* Strategic perspective with tactical implementation skills
* A responsive, fast-paced decision-maker who is highly driven to achieve business expectations. Results-oriented leader driven by personal and team accountability.
* Exhibits a fact-based management style aggressively addressing business tactical issues and strategic needs.
* Strong team-building and cross-functional collaboration skills
Physical Requirements: Primarily office environment. Must have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes. At times, must be able to work in aircraft hangar environment and board / exit aircraft. At times, must be able to climb, bend, kneel, crouch, balance, and stoop. Must be able to walk particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another. Must be able to work primarily with fingers such as typing. Must be able to work at heights, subject to noise, subject to a variety of physical conditions such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, work on scaffolding, exposure to heat/cold. Must be able to communicate effectively.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.
US Security Clearance Required: None
: Day - 1st
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
: Division - Vertex-20000074
: Mar 12, 2018, 3:36:38 PM