2 months ago
The L-3 Purchasing Price Analyst will be responsible for effective and efficient compliance review and price analyst support to procurement and subcontracts groups in a very fast-paced and high-volume work environment.
Responsibilities will include:
• Support the Division’s procurement policy and processes.
• Train the procurement staff and internal customers, assuring the documentation is current, and regularly report into management to assure the program is staying compliant as changes come from the corporation or the Government.
• Responsible for detailed review of procurement documents to ensure compliance with appropriate governmental regulations and L-3 policies, which shall include price/cost analysis summaries.
• Key contributor with audit preparation and/or audits, both internal and DCMA, DCAA and other Governmental agencies.
• Key contributor in development and implementing if any new processes required for a specific program.
• Key contributor in development, implementing and training of price/cost analysis policy and procedures.
• Establish applicable guidelines and procedures for compliance review to effect resolution of controversial issues and problems.
• Review Federal laws, regulations and corporate policies and develop appropriate procedures and systems to ensure compliance.
• Assist with the Review and update policy and procedure manuals and desk aids used by staff and prepare administrative issuances and directive on procurement matters.
• Provide assistance and training to staff and serve support in procurement planning.
• Be a Key contributor to maintaining an approved purchasing system.
• Excellent communication and writing skills.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related analytical discipline plus six (6) years of related experience in purchase Price Analysis, Cost Analysis and Compliance Analysis OR, Associate degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related analytical discipline plus ten (10) years of related exempt experience in purchase Price Analysis, Cost Analysis and Compliance Analysis, OR High School Diploma OR Equivalent plus fourteen (14) years of related exempt experience in Purchase Price Analysis, Cost Analysis and Compliance Analysis.
•Should have in-depth knowledge of defense/government contracting policies, procedures, regulations and laws (e.g., GAAP, FAR, CAS) in connection with dealing with the U.S. Government and associated agencies.
• Should have a Background with DCAA audit processes and contractor support requirements, including auditing, cost/government accounting and/or government contract administration.
• Should have a Background with price analyst techniques, including analysis and complying statistical data to establish price objectives for transactions.
•Should have a Background in evaluating findings and make recommendations to the purchasing function regarding feasibility of manufacturing or buying needed products.
• Proficient with SAP and querying data from SAP
• Familiarity with CAS, FAR, and DCAA audit requirements
• Advanced excel skills (Including V-lookup, pivot tables, etc.)
L-3 Vertex Aerospace is headquartered in Madison, Mississippi with operating locations world-wide. We provide Rotary wing and fixed wing maintenance and logistics services, Expeditionary maintenance -- Quick response staffing support. We are a leading provider of Army Rotary Wing maintenance services, base support services for maintenance, transportation, and supply.
We distinguish ourselves by responsiveness and ability to surge manning, exceed customer performance metrics, through solid, dependable contract performance.
Our markets and customers are all military services, Other Government Agencies (OGA) and select foreign governments.
L-3 Logistics Solutions (Vertex) has been a part of the Madison and Ridgeland, Mississippi community since moving its headquarters here in 1989. Located just a few miles north of Jackson, South Madison County is one of the fastest growing counties in Mississippi, yet remains a small, friendly community full of rich history and looking forward to a bright future. Madison is sister city to Solleftea, Sweden, home to Tulane University’s sub-campus, and offers the State’s top public, private, and parochial school systems. Whether it be shopping, dining, entertainment or outdoor activities, South Madison County is a desirable place to live and raise a family.
L3 is an Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.
US Security Clearance Required: None
: Day - 1st
: Yes, 25 % of the Time
: Sector - Logistics Solutions-21000028
: Individual Contributor
: Sep 28, 2017, 9:57:09 PM
: Purchasing-Multiple Functions