Responsibilities will include
· Liaise with vendors that deadlines are met while at the same time keeping costs and lead times
· Prepare RFQ, negotiate and select vendor based on good industry practise.
· Identify most appropriate approach to fulfil the delivery commitment
· Obtain import authority validation of existing major modifications and / or repairs
· Develop detailed parts and modification delivery schedules
· Identify all material for modifications in support of used aircraft transitions
· Provide alternate solutions to parts shortages
· Work with various external parties to ensure timely delivery / entry to service of aircraft
Key Requirements and Competencies:
· Ideally have worked in an airline / aircraft MRO or lease company in a purchasing / logistics role.
· Ideally have experience in taking transition of aircraft from one operator to another and purchasing aircraft components
· Commercial awareness and the ability to maintain relationships with both customers and suppliers
· Analytical/Problem solver, detail and timeline orientated. Strong negotiation and mediation skills
· A collaborative approach to teamwork that supports the company culture.
· Highly organized, flexible, ability to handle competing priorities and deadlines simultaneously
· Fully computer literate, in particular with the Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word and fluency in both written and spoken English a must.
· A positive can do attitude is a must.