Provide test automation solutions and services for multiple complex projects to deliver high-quality software solutions for AmericanAirlines.com.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work with development team and QA analysts to design, and develop, and enhance automated regressions and performance test suites for multiple applications.
• Execute and report results of automated functional and regression testing.
• Research and document issues following agreed-upon processes immediately upon discovery of a quality problem.
• Estimate effort and resources needed for automated testing activities.
• Design frameworks and provide technical expertise for automated testing that incorporate industry standard techniques, strategies and processes.
• Assist and support QA analysts in understanding technical aspects of the supported applications.
• Provide thorough and on-going evaluation of testing tools and assist with their design and implementation.
• Work with multiple application development teams to identify, diagnose, and report on application performance issues.
• Perform the setup, upgrade, testing and administration of tools used by the testing team.
• Self-motivated and able to work independently and as a team member.
• Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, MIS or related technical field or equivalent experience/training
• At least 2 years of experience with test automation of applications using Windows-based testing tools (e.g. Selenium, TFS, VS Coded UI, QTP/UFT, QC/ALM, Appium)
• At least 4 years of experience with QA and/or application development
• Experience with mobile device automation (Android and iOS)
• Excellent analytical thinking and problem-solving abilities
• Extensive knowledge/experience applying automation techniques and tools
• Experience in adapting/building an automated testing framework based on re-usable components
• Ability to work in a collaborative environment using source control and other development toolsets
• Experience creating, enhancing and/or implementing guidelines and best practices for test automation development
• Full SDL experience; Agile experience preferred
• Experience or good knowledge of at least one object-oriented programming language (e.g. Java, C#, C++)
• Experience or good knowledge of at least one scripting language (e.g. Perl, PowerShell), and fluency in regular expressions
• Excellent knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture and object-oriented programming methodologies
• Excellent knowledge of software development best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Strong knowledge of relational databases (SQL Server, Oracle)
• Experienced in Windows environments and/or MAC operating system
• Excellent prioritization, time management/multi-tasking skills
• Flexibility and adaptable to changing environments
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong focus on customer service and teamwork
• Experienced user of Microsoft Office Tools
• Business knowledge of the Sabre reservation systems and other airport operational applications is a plus