3 months ago
Requisition ID: 9151
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Quality Assurance Intern (Summer 2018) to join our team in Memphis, TN (Intertrade) (2640). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
The candidate will be required to provide a broad range of warehouse services related to the quality inspection, stocking, picking and shipment of aviation parts, including aircraft engine parts.
*Inspect incoming aviation parts including trace documentation using a standard checklist to assure Purchase Order and Repair Order Compliance
*Accurately enter all required Receiving information into the company inventory management system
*Stock pallets of aviation parts into vertical racks using a forklift
*Pick parts for shipment against Repair Order and Sales Order specifications
*Assist in the inspection and packaging of aviation parts for shipment
*Accurately enter required Shipping information into the company inventory management system
*Respond to a variety of queries from various company departments and respond with an accurate, timely response to the initiating party
*Perform routine warehouse and housekeeping tasks as needed
* Must be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. US Citizenship is required.
* Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and student must be pursuing a Bachelor's or advanced degree in an applicable discipline.
* Aviation part inspection or repair knowledge and experience; aircraft engine part experience preferred
* Computer literate; demonstrated and proven skills
* Ability to read and understand the requirements in a Purchase Order, Repair Order, Pick Ticket (Sales Order)
* Ability to read and understand aircraft part trace documentation
* Very detailed oriented; accuracy is a critical element of the position
* Learning skills to quickly understand the technical requirements of the position and operate independently
* Forklift licensed or capability to obtain a forklift license
* Be a team player and have the ability to get along with others in a small team environment
* Be able to lift 40 pounds
Preferred but not required:
* **FAA Repairman Certificate
* **FAA licensed A&P Mechanic
* **Prior military aircraft maintenance or logistics experience
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.