7 months ago
Safran is an international high-technology group and tier-1 supplier of systems and equipment in the Aerospace and Defense markets. Operating worldwide, Safran has nearly 58,000 employees and generated sales of 15.8 billion euros in 2016. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and its share is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters. Safran is also features at the top of the "Happy at Work" ranking compiled by the website meilleures-entreprises.com, as one of the most popular companies for young engineers* and in the LinkedIn Top Attractors in France.
*Universum and Trendence surveys
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. Its expertise encompasses the entire life cycle of its products, from design and manufacture to in-service support, repair and overhaul. Safran Landing Systems is a partner to 30 airframers working in the fields of civil, regional, business and military transport. Safran Landing Systems provides support for 27,000 aircraft making over 54,000 landings every day. Safran Landing Systems has a staff of more than 7,200 in Europe, North America and Asia.
Main domain/Job field
Support functions - Quality
Quality Assurance Manager
Regular Full time
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Part time / Full time
The Quality Assurance Manager has authority over and is responsible for the quality control and assurance functions of the repair station, while ensuring compliance to all applicable customer and regulatory requirements. The Quality Assurance Manager carries out detailed assessment of components at various stages of repair. The Quality Assurance Manager will help recruit and train both supervisors and technicians, with documented quality standards as guidelines for their day-to-day scope of work. The Quality Assurance Manager will assist the senior management team to ensure there is compliance on all applicable customer and regulatory requirements and will be responsible for the daily activities required to maintain the company's Quality Management System.
• Administers and maintains quality assurance procedures and activities required to ensure that the company's products are in compliance with quality standards.
• Provides proactive leadership that drives the development of robust processes through continuous improvement.
• Leads technical review of warranty claims.
• Maintains communications with FAA by sending revisions, acknowledging receipt of revisions and coordinating site visits.
• Determines equivalency of equipment, tooling and materials, and documents the findings.
• Ensures that the calibration procedure is properly followed at all locations.
• Ensures that the list of maintenance functions and contractors is current and approved by the FAA.
• Interprets, executes and establishes quality assurance policies and procedures.
• Implements and monitors emergency action plans.
• Ensures initial and recurrent training for all personnel at the site level is adequate to establish compliance with applicable regulations as delineated in the training program manual.
• Formulates training policies, programs, and schedules based on identified training needs.
• Conducts orientation for new employees.
• Identifies potential causes for accidents and recommends changes in policies and procedures to prevent accidents.
• Implements Safran health, safety and environmental policies at the site level.
• Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
This position requires travel up to 15%.
Candidate skills & requirements
• Demonstrated verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• Must be able to work in a team environment and interact effectively with management from other functions.
• Working knowledge of AS9100, ISO, FAA, EASA requirements and standards.
• Demonstrated ability to write technical documents.
• Working knowledge of and application of quality tools.
• Knowledge of quality specifications, FAA regulations and NDT procedures.
• Knowledge of metrology methods and practices, including use and calibration of precision measuring equipment.
• Ability to read and interpret drawings, specifications, manufacturers' documentation and FAA regulations.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office operating systems and computer based calibration software.
Required Education and Experience
• BS in Engineering or other technical field.
• Minimum of five years' experience in QA/QC function in an aerospace/aviation MRO environment.
• Minimum of five years' experience with FAA regulations.
• FAA Airframe and Powerplant license and/or FAA Repairman license or ability to obtain a repairman license if not already certified.
DOT/FAA regulations require all applicants for placement in DOT/FAA safety-sensitive positions will be required submit to a pre-employment drug test as well as random testing annually.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
North America, United States, Nevada
Minimum education level achieved
Minimum experience level required
More than 5 years