3 months ago
Work closely with and under the direction of both Director of QA/EHS and VP/GM of USAF and International Programs. Manages through guidance, direction, and leadership to experienced professionals who exercise latitude and independence in their assignments. Ensures adherence to and compliance with established company quality policies, practices, standard operating procedures (SOP) and government regulations. Ensures quality of services purchased, processed, tendered and/or distributed by the company. Interprets technical direction from aviation maintenance manuals and directives and administers policies, processes, and procedures that affect Company Functional Departments and Programs.
Advises operating units on quality control standards, and opportunities for improvement dealing with raw materials, chemicals, packaging, shipping, materials handling, procedures, processes, and finished products.
Capable of conducting Quality Management System Audits, writing detailed quality reports relating to quality requirement compliance, findings, and defect reports. Must be able to enter data tracking information into excel spreadsheets, interpret collected data, implement and monitor data tracking and trending, and have an understanding of information provided through analysis of trended data. Ensure prompt initiation and oversight of any suspected negative trends and conduct investigations and collect/trend the associated systemic data.
Must poses exceptional guidance and collaboration skills, combined with ability to positively influence internal and external teams to ensure quality standards are in place and complied with. Can be expected to implement methods and procedures for inspecting, and evaluating products, documentation, certifications, for supplier provided parts, material, and equipment. Analyzes inspection processes, mechanisms and conducts quality assurance reviews, performs statistical analysis to assess products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications. Ensures that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards and that documentation is compliant with requirements. Adapts quickly to a rapidly changing environment to meet customer needs.
Provides oversight for the development and maintenance of quality programs, processes and procedures that ensure compliance with policies and that the performance and quality of services conform to established standards and agency guidelines. Provides expertise and guidance in interpreting policies, regulatory and/or governmental regulations, and agency guidelines to assure compliance. Works directly with operating entities to provide process analyses oversight on a continuing basis to meet guidelines. Conducts audits and inspection preparation, resolution of audit and inspection findings and liaises with auditing groups and inspectors through all stages of the audits. Provides assistance as required to ensure the Quality Management System, programs, policies, and procedures are maintained and reviewed and up-dated as required
• Five (5) years’ experience in Quality Assurance Management (Aviation Field preferred)
• Five (5) years’ experience as a manager leading subordinate professional level managers
Bachelor's degree, plus 5 years of experience in Quality Assurance (aviation preferred) OR Associates degree plus 10 years of recent aviation experience with 5 years in aviation management, and at least 4 years in management of aviation Quality Assurance OR 15 years of recent aviation experience with 10 years in management of aviation Quality Assurance and FAA A&P and IA
Knowledge & Skills:
• Must have experience working with Quality Management System requirements in Government contracting such asAS9100 or equivalent.
• Experience with FAR Part 145 and Part 91 regulations preferred
• Excellent communication and interpersonal and teamwork skills
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Excellent decision-making and methodical problem solving skills
• Technical proficiency as an aircraft mechanic (preferred)
• Technical proficiency as an aircraft quality inspector (preferred)
• Be able to accommodate changes
• Ability to challenge ideas and decisions and implement with commitment the selected decision, once made (disagree in private/agree in public)
• High level of comfort with briefing/training/talking with senior leaders, peers, and first-line employees
• Ability to coordinate directive guidance and accommodate an audience that does not report to you
• Ability to span differences between various customers
• Be proactive in planning and reactive in adjusting to demands
Position Competencies Required:
• Must be able to pass a detailed background investigation
• Must be able to be granted access to military installations
• Must be able to travel to off-site locations and conduct audits or quality reviews of processes, procedures, operating conditions, compliance to quality and regulatory standards.
• Must be able to travel 25%
• Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
• The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• This list of responsibilities is not exhaustive and the employee may be required to perform duties outside of this as operationally required.
US Security Clearance Required: None
: Day - 1st
: Yes, 25 % of the Time
: Division - Vertex-20000074
: Feb 12, 2018, 3:53:54 PM
: Quality Assurance