7 months ago
The incumbent is responsible for ensuring that a quality program is in place that meets or exceeds the standards required by our customer and/or the company. Reports directly to the L-3 Quality Assurance Manager - NASA Armstrong.
1. Quality Assurance and Analysis. Quality Analysis
3. Policy and Training Management. Supervision and Administration
5. Relevant Aviation Experience. Dealing with Coworkers/Customers/Public
Responsibilities and examples of work performed in this position include, but are not limited to the following tasks, which may be amended or other tasks as may be assigned:
* Auditing areas of the site to ensure compliance with safety programs and identification of best practices for EH&S. Monitors and maintains the site’s safety program by reviewing, revising and establishing policies and procedures.
* Ensures that the program meets the minimum requirements set out by OSHA, EPA and the client.
* Ability to lead OSHA/EPA efforts.
* Coordinates monthly site inspections.
* Ensure audits are conducted according to the established schedule for the purpose of identifying unsafe conditions and practices.
* Ensure those responsible take appropriate corrective action to eliminate all identified deficiencies within a designated time period.
* Evaluates all accident/incident investigation forms.
* Ensures that constructive feedback is given to supervisors/superintendents regarding the information obtained in the investigation.
* Oversees safety & quality training content and compliance.
* Managing, updating and directing Training program.
* Administers the program from a Quality Assurance (QA) perspective in accordance with standards and contract requirements.
* Maintains daily liaison with the QA Manager and Government team members and on site personnel to address issues relative to the Quality Program.
* Determines the level and type of quality audits needed through daily statistical analysis of problem areas.
* Maintains the Quality Assurance program.
* Prepares and publishes written procedures that document the quality assurance program
* Maintain necessary controls to ensure that the quality procedures apply to each site and ensure the production of acceptable end products meets and/or exceeds customer specifications and contractual requirements.
* Reviews contract requirements and statement of work to ensure compliance and reviews revisions as required.
* Establishes statistical benchmarks for monitoring appropriate program performance.
* Monitors the trend analysis program to identify adverse trends.
* Plans, promotes, and organizes training activities related to program quality and reliability.
* Investigates customer complaints regarding quality.
* Recommends and maintains uniform procedures and standards of operation for the program.
* Evaluates the efficiency of quality operations within the program and recommends appropriate changes.
* Assists with recruitment and training of personnel.
* Implements in-service training programs to communicate current information and procedures to employees under incumbent supervision and evaluates training programs to determine their effectiveness in improving staff performance.
* Provides guidance to subordinate employees and peers when appropriate, collaborating and cooperating with other members of the management team.
· Exhibits positive courteous behavior with customers, businesses and coworkers.
· Assists coworkers and those in other departments to successfully perform job tasks and functions when necessary.
· Follows all safety procedures and practices as established by the Company and regulatory bodies. Other duties as required.
· Position has supervisory responsibilities.
The following skills and abilities are required:
· To read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations;
· To write reports, business correspondence and procedures manual;
· To effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of manager, clients, customers and the general public;
· To apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations;
· To define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions;
· To interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with severalabstract and concrete variables;
· In persuasiveness; planning and organizing; indexing and organizing and alphabetizing files, material or data;
· To create, enter, retrieve and print from current software packages such as; Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
· In problem analysis and independent decision making;
· Able to lead, delegation of tasks and duties; motivating subordinates; in intra- and inter-personal relations;
· Ability to discern and establish priorities, able to function effectively while handling stressful situations;
· ISO-9000 Quality Standard Requirements and AS 9100 Quality Standard Requirements
· Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Requirements, OSHA Regulations, California Title 22, and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
· Familiarity with aircraft maintenance terminology
INCUMBENT PERFORMS OTHER JOB-RELATED TASKS AS ASSIGNED AND REQUIRED; ANY DUTIES/TASKS INCLUDED IN THE EMPLOYEE'S PERFORMANCE EVALUATION ELEMENTS ARE ESSENTIAL TO THAT EMPLOYEE'S POSITION WITHIN THE JOB CLASSIFICATION.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Aviation Maintenance or a related field AND two (2) years of experience in Aerospace & Defense Industry OR Associates Degree in Aviation Maintenance or a related field AND six (6) years of experience in Aerospace & Defense Industry OR High School Diploma or Equivalent and ten (10) years of experience in Aviation Maintenance or directly related experience in the Aerospace & Defense Industry.
· ASQ Certified Quality Auditor (CQA) (Required to be obtained within one (1) year of hire)
· Prior knowledge and experience managing and directing training programs
· FAA A&P is not required, but highly encouraged.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; lifting over 50lbs; and talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is frequently required to stand.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work environment may range from typical office environment to aircraft maintenance shops or flight lines. The employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions and high noise levels.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.
US Security Clearance Required: Public Trust
: Day - 1st
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
: Division - Vertex-20000074
: Team Leader / Supervisor
: Oct 18, 2017, 8:31:24 PM
: Quality Assurance