Compass Airlines is a company where you can make an impact. Explore our career opportunities and consider the possibilities awaiting you. We are seeking a Quality Control Heavy Maintenance Representative to join our team at our Nashville, TN location. We have an immediate need for someone with exceptional business judgment and discretion as well as the initiative and competence to make a significant contribution to the Compass organization.
Ensure vendors meet and or exceed Compass Airlines maintenance program and regulatory requirements. Monitor maintenance performed utilizing systems to ensure processes meet and or exceed Compass standards. Ensure final product meets regulatory and Compass contract requirements.
- Mechanic Certificate with Airframe and Powerplant ratings is required, and ability to demonstrate use of certificate for 6 months within the preceding 24 months
- 5 years maintenance experience on 14 CFR Part 121 certificated aircraft of 50 seats or more
- Ability to hold and maintain Required Inspection Item (RII), Airworthiness Release Authorization (ARA) and Material Inspection (MI) Authorizations
- Knowledge of GMM, Maintenance Programs, and other related company manuals and processes
- Comprehensive understanding of 14 CFR Part 121 regulations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Aviation Management, Business or related filed
- Experience on Embraer 170/175 aircraft
- Inspection experience working for a 14 CFR Part 121 certificated airline.
- Experience as a Heavy Maintenance Representative for an airline operated under 14 CFR Part 121
- Experience with managing maintenance/ airworthiness agreements between MRO and Part 121 air carrier
- Knowledge and experience under 14 CFR Part 145 regulations
Job Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of aircraft inspections/audit processes and practices.
- Knowledge of aircraft maintenance programs and technical standards.
- Be familiar the industry’s General Maintenance Manuals, Aircraft Maintenance Manual (AMM) and applicable Code of Federal Regulations, Title 14.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal form to various levels of the organization.
- Ability to conduct investigations/root cause analysis and report findings in a clear, concise written manner.
- Ability to travel and or stay at various Compass vendor maintenance sites including international locations and to professionally represent the Company to internal and external entities.
- Responsible for the oversight of all maintenance performed on Company aircraft or components by contract vendors.
The QC MRO Representative is responsible to the Director, Quality & Chief Inspector and reports directly to the Manager, Quality Control. The QC MRO Representative is primarily responsible for providing oversight of technical operations including maintenance, modifications and preventative maintenance accomplished at vendor facilities to ensure that regulatory and company requirements are complied with, and that aircraft, engines, appliances, and components are being maintained in a safe, airworthy, efficient, and economic manner per regulatory and company guidance. The QC MRO Representative duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensures assigned inspection functions accomplished by vendor are performed in accordance with the Company’s GMM, Manufacturer’s Maintenance Manual Procedures and applicable Federal Aviation Regulations to ensure that the Company aircraft, engines, appliances, and components are maintained to the prescribed standards of airworthiness and serviceability.
- Provides quality oversight for all maintenance activities.
- Ensures preliminary, in progress, hidden damage and final inspections are accomplished in accordance with the Maintenance program.
- Ensures Special and Detailed Inspections are accomplished in accordance with the GMM, Manufacturer’s Maintenance Manual Procedures, Engineering Document/ Maintenance Task card as applicable.
- Ensures Required Inspection Item (RII) and Buy Back inspections are accomplished and documented in accordance with the GMM, and/or vendor’s RSM by qualified and authorized personnel.
- Ensures parts and materials are procured and handled in accordance with the Airworthiness Agreement, and Company/Vendor procedures.
- As required, performs Material Inspections of incoming aircraft components to ensure the use of legal, conforming and applicable parts and materials.
- Conducts surveillance and sampling of work performed, maintenance practices and processes to ensure maintenance and documentation is accomplished according to the Compass maintenance program. Assures the use of approved data, materials, tools, test equipment and that a high standard of workmanship is present.
- Conducts final review of maintenance documents and CBTS records prior to aircraft departure, for completion, correctness, use of appropriate references to approved data. Identify and log errors into the Records Error database and generate Record Error Notices for correction.
- Review aircraft logbooks for pilot reports, deferred maintenance and accomplishment of correct airworthiness release procedures.
- Ensure Compass and Vendor processes, i.e. Calibrated Tools, Shelf Life Items, quarantine and scrapped parts, are accomplished in accordance with company manuals.
- As designated and assigned by the QC Manager, accomplish safety and housekeeping checks of hangar and shop work areas.
- Provide guidance and assistance to maintenance personnel in order to train, maintain and enhance compliance to programs, policies, and procedures.
- Provides oversight of administration of the Airworthiness Agreement in place with Vendor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Description Disclaimer:
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
How to Apply:
If interested, please click “Apply” to be directed to our online application for this position. All submissions must include salary requirements.
Compass Airlines is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, religion, color, disabled or veteran status, national origin, gender, age, citizenship status or other protected class status covered by federal, state or local law.
All applicants must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and background check.