Quality Control Inspector
Reports to: Chief Inspector
1. Possess a valid A&P certificate.
2. At least 3 years’ experience maintaining transport category aircraft in a part 135 or 121 operation.
3. Familiarity with Continuous Airworthiness Maintenance Program (CAMP) and relevant parts of 14 CFR 121 as well as other pertinent FAR’s is a must.
4. Meet PenAir standard for vision and color acuity.
1. Perform Airworthiness Release following scheduled maintenance.
2. Perform inspection of required inspection items (RII) per GMM 51.4, 14 CFR 121.365 (c) and 121.371.
3. At their discretion, classify items as RII that are not currently identified as RII in GMM 51.4.
4. Reject "buy back" of RII tasks that were not performed to an acceptable or approved standard of work.
5. If nominated, perform act as Designated Engine Run & Taxi Qualifier per GMM.
1. Ensuring aircraft are in airworthy condition before approval for return to service.
2. Use OEM/type certificate holder manuals and other available technical data for standards and limits to determine scope of work necessary for components, engines, airframes and propellers to be returned to service or deferred appropriately.
3. Open non-routine worksheet items for discrepancies found during scheduled inspections. Inform Lead or Prod Super, in a timely manner, of any discrepancies found to facilitate timely corrective actions or ordering of parts.
4. Work with the Lead’s and MX Control in determining procedures and parts required for efficient repair and return to service of aircraft.
5. Approve the opening of Maintenance Carryover’s (MCO) & extensions to MCO’s by re-inspection.
6. Maintain a constant vigilance as to the general condition of PenAir fleet and bring any concerns to the attention of the Chief Inspector.
7. Identify & encourage "best practices" during maintenance activities and forward that information to the Chief Inspector.
8. Provide instruction to mechanics in new maintenance procedures, general system operation, and correct paperwork procedures (OJT format).
9. Monitor engine trend & performance data for aircraft/engines operated by PenAir.
10. May be assigned to perform auditor duties on behalf of and per CASS manual #52.
11. May be assigned to perform On Site Representative duties per GMM 51.4 for aircraft at outsource maintenance and conformity inspections.
12. Present PenAir GMM and CAMP training materials to outsource maintenance provider personnel in a classroom setting.
13. Other duties contained in the CAMP, GMM or as assigned by the Chief Inspector.
NOTE: May be delegated to act as Chief Inspector in his/her absence, but must meet 14 CFR Part 119.67(d) to do so.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. PenAir is an Equal Opportunity Employer
(Compensation: Nonexempt; salary depends on experience)