4 months ago
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The Quality Engineer in this position will play a key role in quality systems administration at a specialized aircraft repair station. This position has critical responsibilities in assuring product conforms to internal and external requirements and will drive and support the Quality Systems, TQMS, Procedure Maintenance and New Procedure Implementation. The Quality Engineer will lead and support continual process improvements, investigate customer complaints and develop corrective action while addressing root cause. This role will provide support to supplier/customer audits and maintain the Approved Supplier List. The Quality Engineer will be responsible for monitoring DRT/MRB activity and overall product conformance. The Quality Engineer will support all quality compliance efforts, ensuring projects are completed accurately and on time.
- Expert knowledge of ISO9001 requirements for quality systems
- Good understanding of measuring techniques and tooling
- Prior experience in bearing environment is a plus
- Good understanding of six sigma, Lean and Kaizen principles
- FAA Repair station compliance (including all CFR and EASA regulations)
- B.S. degree in Engineering/Science/Business, with min. 3+ years in quality systems and procedures in related aerospace/manufacturing/industrial knowledge
- Excellent technical decision making, and the ability to effectively communicate quality concepts to a variety of audiences
- Proven project management skills across multiple projects
- Strong leadership and problem solving ability
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.