6 months ago
Safran is an international high-technology group and tier-1 supplier of systems and equipment in the Aerospace and Defense markets. Operating worldwide, Safran has nearly 58,000 employees and generated sales of 15.8 billion euros in 2016. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and its share is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters. Safran is also features at the top of the "Happy at Work" ranking compiled by the website meilleures-entreprises.com, as one of the most popular companies for young engineers* and in the LinkedIn Top Attractors in France.
*Universum and Trendence surveys
Safran Nacelles is the world's second largest aircraft nacelle manufacturer with over 18,400 pieces of equipment in use and over 116,000 flight hours a day. The company operates on all market segments, from regional and business aircraft to the largest airliners, and ranks first for prestigious business aircraft. Safran Nacelles employs nearly 3,800 people on its 13 sites in more than eight countries. For its clients, the company develops after-sales support as well as worldwide services for nacelles and their components.
Main domain/Job field
Support functions - Quality
Regular Full time
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Part time / Full time
Position Summary: Responsible for managing the Quality System at the Safran Nacelles Services Americas LLC MRO facility.
Responsibilities and Duties:
1) System and for ensuring that it continues to comply with regulatory requirements and to meet the needs of the business.
2) Ensure that all quality related policies and procedures detailed in the Operations, Quality and Company Exposition manuals are adhered to and carry out an ongoing review of the adequacy and effectiveness of SANFRAN Quality System procedures.
3) Maintain and keep current all Quality Audit and inspection records for review at any time by the Competent authority and other external bodies as appropriate
4) Establish procedures for dealing with non-conformities, monitoring non conformity reports and taking corrective/preventive action in response to audit findings.
5) Notify the Accountable Manager and senior management when Management Review meetings are scheduled and present internal audit reports.
6) Review the Quality Systems of new subcontractors who impact the operation and organize audits of their quality assurance systems.
7) Monitor compliance with and adequacy of procedures to ensure airworthy aircraft at all times via an audit program and that all maintenance is performed in accordance with Approved data.
8) Monitor all contracted maintenance for compliance with contract conditions relevant to airworthiness and that contracted organizations have the relevant Part 145 Approvals and facilities
9) Grant authorization to individuals to certify the Certificate of Release to Service and special authorizations to issue Certificate of Maintenance Review and renewal recommendations for Certificates of Airworthiness.
10) Define the syllabus of training, in conjunction with the Chief Inspector and the Operations Manager.
11) Ensure the organization holds all appropriate technical publications, specifications and drawings and that they are amended as required.
12) Ensure that all staff that will carry out Quality Inspections and Quality audits are adequately trained.
13) Shall have the final authority in the authorization and acceptance of release to service of any aircraft component that is repaired or overhauled at Safran Nacelles Service Americas.
Candidate skills & requirements
Education, Knowledge and Skills:
• FAA Airframe & Power plant (A&P) License is required
• Ability to quickly learn a complex ERP System through to its Implementation
• Experience of working in Project Management / MRO environment
• Excellent MS Office skills Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
• Experience of communication skills, report writing and presentation skills
• English communication in both speech and written format
North America, United States, Indiana
Minimum education level achieved
Minimum experience level required
More than 5 years