8 months ago
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 48239BR Date posted 05/13/City Pomona
Country United States
ISR & Space Systems – Pomona is among the largest domestic suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense sensing instrumentation. We design, develop, manufacture and support sophisticated sensors and analytical instruments for space, defense and homeland security applications. Our major products are space instruments, atmospheric monitors and chemical/biological detection systems.
Pomona is seeking a highly motivated individual who will oversee key business processes aimed at perfect product and process quality. Successful candidateis responsible for or can demonstrate the following:
* Provide leadership assuring that necessary quality systems are in place for compliance to customer requirements: coordinate/facilitate CAB and management reviews, support leadership team meetings, and facilitate all audits
* Manage all aspects of associates’ activity as to provide growth and foster development and motivation.
* Prepare and manage manpower and budget plans to achieve optimum results.
* Generate, maintain and provide quality metrics to the UTAS ISR-SS Management Team and oversee quality system improvement projects.
* Work with management to ensure that a quality culture is prevalent while promoting problem resolution activities that support the customer as well as the producer.
* Participate on teams that continually strive to improve the quality of our products and culture as needed
* Provide Quality support and maintain a strong working relationship with other functional disciplines and the entire Quality organization in general.
* Must display excellent teamwork and problem solving skills, and have the ability to drive projects to completion
* Six (6+) years minimum experience in Quality Leadership with increasing level of responsibility.
* Two (2+) years' of proven leadership with ability to inspire employee to reach their full potential.
* Ability to Lead, Coach, Mentor, Inspire, & Motivate
* Strong Quality System knowledge and familiarity with SAP system transactions
* Understanding of Internal and External Customer requirements with a high attention to detail is a plus.
* Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills appropriate for direct interaction with Management & Supplier/Partners
* Good computer skills in MSOffice applications
* Ability to work in a highly structured environment, with frequent customer interactions
* Must be adaptable to changing priorities
* Assist in leading group process improvements using our UTC continuous improvement system (ACE), including the continued development of standard work for program management group processes.
Actively support the organization’s efforts to meet or exceed EH&S goals and plans, must comply with the EH&S Policy and applicable regulatory and company EH&S rules and requirements.
Due to federal contracts US Citizenship is required
BA/BS degree w/6–10+ years experience
ASQ Certified preferred but not required. Understanding of AS9100 a plus
Aerospace industry knowledge a plus
MA/MS Degree w/4-7 years experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.