4 months ago
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 58735BR Date posted 01/05/City Princeton
State New Jersey
* Manage and maintain an ISO9001:2015 compliant Quality Management System.
* Enlisting all management staff members and collaborating at all levels, in the development and manufacture of consistently high-quality products at competitive cost
* Participate in the internal Quality System Audit program for the organization.
* Provide expertise in Quality Assurance and process improvement tools and methods to targeted functions of the organization to support them in their continuous improvement activities.
* Manage internal project reporting for the reduction of CoPQ and DQ. (Cost of Poor Quality and Delivered Quality)
* Ability to interface with all levels of management, external customers, and government agencies.
* Contribute to overall Company quality initiatives, collaborating with other plants within ISR&SS Group (Intelligence Surveillance Reconnaissance & Space Systems).
* Provide customer requested documentation including but not limited to Quality Improvement Plans and complete customer questionnaires. Act as point person for Level 1, 2 & 3 audits.
* Interface with manufacturing and design engineering when support is required to conduct root cause corrective action analysis for problem solving and process improvement. Facilitate the investigation and elimination of causes of quality problems and follow up on corrective actions.
* Understand internal and external customer requirements with a high attention to detail in resolving findings.
* Maintain a Quality Assurance Standard and Program that monitors, identifies, records and recommends possible solutions of any non-conformities and/or inconsistencies relating to the manufacturing process, final product, and quality system.
* Oversight of compliance of products and processes used by the location internally in the production of aerospace products.
* Manages the daily activities of the functional Quality organization ensuring adequate resources are in place to support daily operations, cross training is happening to maximize the Quality staff.
* Experience in continuous improvement methodology with experience in processes mapping and process maturity
* Self-motivated with a passion for Quality and proven problem solving skills.
* Experience of quality standards including ISO9001:2015 is required; ISO10007:2017, & ISO19011:2011, AS9100 Rev D is preferred.
* Ability to understand and interpret engineering technical data, such as manufacturing, part drawings, or industry standards to provide guidance to cross-functional teams.
* Experience with statistical process control and lean practices.
* Strong PC skills with proficiency in the following MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is required.
* Must be able to wear the necessary Personal Protective Equipment to work in clean room environments.
* Develop and mentor team members & leaders.
* SAP, MEM system, Agile, and Team Center knowledge preferred.
* Experience with 2 of the following is required:
* Optics (Glass & Lenses)
* PCB Assemblies (Primarily SMT)
* Mechanical components (Machined Parts)
* Wafer Fabrication
* Due to Projects and Programs individuals must be a US Citizen.
Education: BA/BS degree (is required)
MA/MS degree (is preferred)
ISO/AS Auditor certification (is preferred)
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.