4 months ago
Under the direction of the Manager Quality Systems and Safety, will carry out Quality Assurance (QA) activities to monitor adherence to contractual requirements, applicable specifications, quality procedures, work instructions and QA aircraft checks, when required. They shall act as the MOB Flight Safety and General Safety representative.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
* Provide management and leadership for the Quality Assurance Department at the MOB;
* Responsible to the Director of Quality through the Manager, Quality Systems & Safety for the implementation and monitoring of the Quality Management System (QMS), Flight Safety and General Safety Programs at the MOB;
* Responsive to the MOB Site Manager for all quality and safety activities and general safety related activities;
* Carry out systematic internal audits, verifying compliance with the applicable sections of the QMS;
* Record and analyze the results of auits; assessing the significance of unsatisfactory findings and recommend improvements or corrections when deficiencies are noted;
* Initiate corrective actions, assess response plan and root cause analysis and conduct follow-up verifications;
* Process Non-Conformance Reports (NCR), acting upon results;
* Carry out aircraft quality assurance checks asrequired by MOB;
* Carry out Airworthiness documentation reviews to ensure work is done IAW applicable specifications and conducted by trained, qualified and authorized technicians;
* Interpret specifications, standards, drawings and Aircraft Maintenance Manuals (AMM) applying to first, second and third line maintenance;
* Act as the Flight Saftey Representative for the MOB, including, preparing initial and supplementary Flight Saftey Reports;
* Act as the General Safety Representative for the MOB and participate in the MOB General Safety Committee;
* Draft reports and correspondence, maintain records and files;
* Liaise with IMP departments and external customers/regulators as required; and
* Other duties as assigned by the Quality Systems and Safety
* 5 years’ experience in aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul or line maintenance
* 3 years' experience in a quality assurance/quality control role
* 3 years in leadership or supervisory capacity
* Preference will be given to graduates of civil or military aerospace technical programs
* Preference will be given to applicants with experience with AS9100/ISO9000 or AF9000PLUS Quality Standards and in particular Internal Quality auditing.
* Be physically capable of working in and on aircraft, at heights and in confined spaces while using applicable PPE in an aircraft production environment.
* Successful Candidate must:
* Possess a working knowledge and experience in the interpretation of engineering specifications, standards and avionics/electrical aircraft repair and overhaul practices and procedures
* Have the ability to write detailed reports using a personal computer and be familiar with using Microsoft Office Professional
* Be capable of leading discussions with IMP staff/management and regulators
* Successful Candidates should have:
* Formal Quality Assurance/ Quality Auditor training
* Knowledge and/or experience with aircraft inspection, measuring and test equipmen
* Working knowledge of DND Flight Safety program or Transport Canada SMS
* Experience with SharePoint, Adobe LiveCycle Workspace, SABA and JD Edwards Enterpriseone is an asset.
* Demonstrate a personal commitment to IMP Occupational Health, Safety and Environment policies.Continually focusing on your individual safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your work and to fully comply with all Federal Health and Safety Legislation.
* Must be eligible to meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Canadian government security clearances.
* Participate in Continuous Improvement, Lean & 6S activities in your area.
Internal applicants please use source code: I am an IMP employee.
IMP is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal people, visible minority groups, persons with disabilities and women in occupations or positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on your application form, cover letter or resume.