5 months ago
Scientist III R&D
This is an outstanding opportunity for a M.S. or Ph.D. level electrical engineer or scientist who will pursue applied research in the area of Micro-Electrical-Mechanical Systems (MEMS) and quartz-based inertial sensors such as accelerometers, gyroscopes and pressure sensors. The potential areas of research, development, and applications include MEMS device design, device physics, mechanical and electrical analysis and simulation, and analysis and interpretation of sensor test results.
Honeywell Aerospace is a leading global provider of integrated avionics, engines, systems and service solutions for aircraft manufacturers, airlines, business and general aviation, military, space and airport operations.
The scientist will be expected to develop new concepts, write project proposals, and develop new technologies for future products. This will include understanding customer requirements, translating those into device and product requirements, perform trade studies, writing research and development proposals, project cost estimating, budgeting, and program management. The scientist must have strong organizational, leadership skills, and be good at working and negotiating with customers and partners.
• Develop analog and digital circuits, sensor amplifier designs, control circuits, and data acquisition systems.
• Design board-level circuits to interface with transducers using electrical analysis and simulation tools.
• Develop control systems for operating sensors using analog and digital signal processing or microcontrollers.
• Model sensors and circuits using first principles, equations, and simulation tools, and translate these modeling results into improvements in device/system performance.
• Perform tests and debug sensors, circuits, and systems as well as execute performance testing of sensor and sensor systems
• Support systems development and pursuit of new business in external contracts
• Masters in Electrical Engineering, Physics or related degree required
• Minimum 2 years of related experience with instrumentation, circuit design, sensor electronics, and/or sensor electronics technology
• Due to export control and possible security clearance requirements, the candidate must be a US Citizen, or a US Permanent Resident who has applied for naturalization in the last 12 months
• Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering or Physics is preferable
• Experience designing or leading the design of digital and/or analog electronics hardware and software
• Analytical capability to design transducers using mechanical and electrical analysis and simulation is desired
• The ability to understand the physics and demonstrate capability of modeling sensors and micro systems using first principles, equations, and simulation tools, and translate these modeling results into improvements in device performance is preferred
• The candidate should have strong communication and presentation skills
• Experience designing or leading the design of analog and/or digital electronics hardware and software desired
• Experience with sensors such as inertial sensor test techniques, writing test plans, interpretation of inertial sensor test results, including numerical analysis of inertial sensor test results
• Capable of leading, planning, and execution of the development and testing of sensors, debugging hardware and software
* Job ID: 00348204
* Category: Technology R&D
* Location: Plymouth, MN USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.