3 months ago
Requisition ID: 3164
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Rail Transit Business Development Manager - Telecommuter to join our team in Telecommuter California (0005). Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
The Principal Regional Sales Manager for Rockwell Collins Information Management Services, Surface Transportation and Critical Infrastructure business unit will:
* Identify, and support capture of, new business opportunities in rail transit market.
* Lead responsibility for the sale of company products, services, and solutions to assigned regions.
* Develop new relationships, while maintaining existing established and extensive relationships with key decision makers, within the rail transit market. As the direct interface to the customer, you will be expected to identify the customers’ needs and develop new-client relationships.
* Prepare pursuit and capture strategies and present to leadership as a key component of the business decision point process.
* Provide accurate and timely orders forecasting. Achieve an orders capture goal with the timing necessary to achieve current year sales and build future backlog.
* Support the business units’ organizations with accurate market, customer and competitive intelligence information.
* Coordinate with other business units as necessary to maximize sales opportunities and ensure customer satisfaction.
* Network with key contacts within Rockwell Collins and outside own area of expertise, to ensure successful capture of new business.
* Participate in key regional tradeshows and promote RC brand and solutions.
The ideal candidate should possess:
* Proven Track record of personally winning contracts $5m and above in a competitive environment in rail transit industry.
* Must have proven track record of developing and implementing effective and result oriented sales strategies for targeted accounts in rail transit industry.
* Must be proficient in a broad set of products and services as well as clients' issues and needs in rail transit industry. This knowledge must include office, cyber security and communications systems.
* Must develop and cultivate new accounts and create high demand with customers through effective campaign for offerings awareness, and value proposition.
* Successful candidates will have proven track record of closing complex sales in the rail transit industry.
Education Requirements: Bachelor's or higher degree. Experience in rail transit industry sales. Working knowledge of Salesforce is highly desirable.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.