5 months ago
SUMMARY: As an Airport Ramp Agent you will support airlines by overseeing direction of a variety of aircraft ground handling services including, but not limited to ramp, baggage, cabin cleaning services, GSE maintenance, and customer service functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of an Airport Ramp Agent - include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Ensures a safe work environment by following all ATS rules and regulations regarding the work place.
• Marshals inbound aircraft into ramp area of assigned gate.
• Unloads passenger baggage, cargo and mail from aircraft bins while plane is parked at the gate on to bag carts.
• Delivers loaded bag carts using tugs to bag room and unloads bag cars on to conveyor belt which will bring the bags to the carousals for passenger pick up.
• Delivers bag carts of mail to airport post office and picks up loaded carts for out going flights.
• Delivers bag carts of cargo to the cargo area and picks up loaded carts for out going flights.
• Services aircraft lavatories.
• Grooms aircraft passenger cabin between flights.
• Services aircraft water tanks to ensure there is enough drinking water on the plane.
• Stocks aircraft with needed supplies for lavatories or galleys.
• Loads bag carts in the bag room with baggage from the ticket counter for outgoing flights and delivers them to aircraft.
• Loads passenger baggage, cargo and mail into aircraft bins while plane is parked at the gate from bag carts.
• Pushes back outbound aircraft out of the gate area.
• Tows aircraft to remote areas at the airport if there are too many aircraft on the ground and not enough gate space.
• Performs FOD walks in the ramp area between flights.
• Ensures necessary ground equipment is available in the ramp area and bag room for upcoming flights.
• Performs assigned administrative duties on a voluntary basis (e.g. GSE fluid inspections and appearance, FOD walks, washing equipment and removing trash from ramp area).
Minimum Requirements for an Airport Ramp Agent:
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and Motor Vehicle Report/ MVR.
• Must possess at least a High school diploma, GED or work experience equivalent.
• Must pass a drug test/ background check and be able to obtain airport security clearance.
Physical Requirements for an Airport Ramp Agent:
• Must be able to lift up to 70 pounds in confined spaces.
• Must be able to stand, lift, bend, push and pull for extended periods of time.
• Must be willing to work outside in all types of weather and elevated noise levels within the airport environment.
Background Qualifications for an Airport Ramp Agent:
• Must be flexible to work various shifts, weekends, or irregular shifts.
Location/Specific Working Hours for an Airport Ramp Agent:
• Specific shifts to be determined
• Must be able to work extended hours on short notice during non-routine operations.
• Some travel required
ATS employees should apply through Ultipro
M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer