Basic Function: The Ramp Agents conduct many of the operations relating to aircraft loading, unloading, marshalling, deicing/anti-icing and fueling (outstations).
1. Must be safety conscious.
2. Must be able to lift 70 pounds repetitively
3. Must have good written and verbal skills.
4. Must be able to work in changing elements.
5. Must be team oriented.
6. Must be able to do multiple job functions.
7. Must be able to meet all security requirements.
Authority: Maintains safe environment for all customers and work groups. Protects all commodities while in PenAir’s custody. Reports to Ramp Lead, Duty Supervisors, and Ground Operations Manager.
1. Loading, unlading and distributing cargo onboard aircraft in accordance with PenAir procedures and instructions received from Ramp Leads.
2. Acceptance and handling of airmail from local AMF (Air Mail Facility) or Post Office in accordance with Company procedures and local established procedures.
3. Immediately reports to supervisor incidents that result in personal injury, damage to cargo, handling equipment, aircraft, or private property.
4. Operation of all GSE (Ground Support Equipment) in accordance with Company procedures and instructions. Report immediately malfunctions of GSE to Ramp Lead.
5. Maintain cleanliness and order of all station locations and areas including ramp, bagwell, breakroom, etc. in accordance with instructions from supervisor.
6. Provide protection for all cargo in PenAir’s custody from pilferage and inclement weather.
7. Handling of cargo shipment to and from the air cargo warehouse to prepare flights in accordance of established procedures and/or instructions from Leads. Report immediately to the Lead on duty any unusual cargo loads inbound or outbound flight that may result in an irregular operation.