PenAir is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Department: Ground Operations
Reports To: Ramp Agent Lead / Station Agent Lead
Basic Function: The Ramp Agents conduct many of the operations relating to aircraft loading, unloading, marshalling, deicing/anti-icing, aircraft lavatory deposal, fueling (outstations).
1. High School diploma or equivalent required.
2. Must be at least 18 years old.
3. Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
4. Valid driver’s license with a good driving record required, defined by the following: DUI, DWI, reckless or negligent driving within the last five years, no suspensions, terminations or revocations in the last five years, and no more than three moving violations in the last two years.
5. Knowledge of operation of industrial equipment and previous experience preferred.
6. Exceptional interpersonal skills with an ability to get along with others.
7. Flexible to work varied shifts, weekends, holidays, required.
8. Able to lift up to 75 pounds on a frequent basis, required.
9. Able to obtain airport security clearance, required.
10. Able to adapt to performing work according to set procedures.
11. Able to anticipate needs of others in a fast-paced environment.
12. Able to work at constant and quick pace for up to 2 hours at one time.
13. Able to learn quickly and understand and interpret flight schedules and airline flight destination information.
14. Must have good attendance and punctuality record.
15. Must have good written and verbal skills.
16. Must be able to work in changing elements.
17. Must be team oriented.
18. Must be able to do multiple job functions.
19. Able to actively promote and personally observe safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
Authority: Maintains safe environment for all customers and work groups. Protects all commodities while in PenAir’s custody. Reports to Ramp Lead, Station Agent Lead, Duty Supervisors, and Manager.
1. Loading, unloading and distributing cargo onboard aircraft in accordance with PenAir procedures and instructions received from Ramp Leads. COMAT pickup and delivery.
2. Immediately reports to supervisor incidents that result in personal injury, damage to cargo, handling equipment, aircraft, or private property.
3. Operation of all GSE (Ground Support Equipment) in accordance with Company procedures and instructions. Report immediately malfunctions of GSE to Ramp Lead.
4. Maintain cleanliness and order of all station locations and areas including ramp, bag well, break room, etc. in accordance with instructions from supervisor.
5. Provide protection for all cargo in PenAir’s custody from pilferage and inclement weather.
6. Acceptance of cargo shipment from the air cargo handler to prepare flights in accordance of established procedures and/or instructions from Leads. Report immediately to the Lead on duty any unusual cargo loads inbound or outbound flight that may result in an irregular operation.
7. Expedite transfer baggage as soon as the local baggage has been delivered to the baggage claim area.
8. Comply with GSE preventative maintenance and washing to include garbage removal from equipment.
9. Assist in preparing forms connected with handling of cargo transfer manifest and all other records, as required.
10. Other duties assigned by the Ramp Agent Lead, Ramp Duty Supervisor, Ground Operations Manager, or Customer Service Manager in accordance with the Customer Service and Ramp Service manuals.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
(Compensation: Non-Exempt; salary depends on experience)