9 months ago
Department: Ground Operations
Reports To: Ground Operations Manager
Basic Function: Ramp Lead is responsible for oversight of ramp services agents and their functions.
1. Must be safety conscious.
2. Must have a minimum of 6 months ramp experience.
3. Must have good mathematical skills.
4. Must be able to multi-task.
5. Must have good written and verbal skills.
6. Must demonstrate ability to coordinate and lead work group.
7. Must be able to meet all security requirements.
Authority: manages all ramp service agent personnel during duty shift assigned, under supervision of Ground Station Manager.
A. Coordinates mail, cargo and bags along with ramp services for departing and arriving aircraft in a safe and orderly manner.
B. Recommend and initiate safety and security practices.
C. Oversee, supervise and help load and offload aircraft.
D. Prioritize load for aircraft and work on the load with Operations, Dispatch and flight crew as necessary.
E. Delegate authority and assign tasks to ramp personnel.
F. Coordinate with Ticket Counter, Cargo office and Dispatch on arrival and departure of aircraft and their needs or services.
G. Makes sure post office is kept informed on outgoing mail making its designated flight.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.