The starting hourly wage for this position is $11.68 + Flight benefits on Alaska/Horizon Air
HORIZON AIR STORY
Horizon Air: behind the name are men and women with a "can-do" spirit and a passion for excellence. Launched in 1981, Horizon Air provides service to cities throughout California, Alaska, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Baja California Sur (Mexico), and British Columbia and Alberta (Canada). Together, Horizon Air and sister carrier Alaska Airlines serve more than 90 cities and are subsidiaries of Alaska Air Group Inc. (NYSE:ALK).
It's a heartfelt approach, as much as technological innovations and customer-pleasing onboard service, that is at the core of the "Horizon experience". This has brought us national and international recognition: Horizon Air was named "Regional Airline of the Year" by Air Transport World magazine in 2007 and was also ranked among the top 10 domestic single-class airlines by Travel+Leisure magazine readers from 2002 through 2009.
The Ramp and Customer Services Agent is often the first person from Horizon that our customers will meet in person. Not only is customer service very important, so is the ability to work in physically demanding and varying weather conditions. One moment a CSA is scanning people on to a flight and the next, they are repeatedly lifting 50lb bags on and off aircraft or de-icing an aircraft 30 ft in the air. Then going back inside to help customers with a smile.
This role is perfect for someone who can work flexible hours. Perhaps you have your own business that you can schedule around your hours. Or you are new to the workforce or starting a second career. If you've worked outside or in physically demanding conditions with some customer service computer oriented experience, then this is the job for you. It's hard but also very rewarding. Opportunities for advance exist for everyone especially those who excel at their performance. Exceptional attendance and reliability is imperative. Strong computer skills required.
- This Variable Time position is 10 hours (on average) per week. Split Shifts
- This position will be close to full-time for the first 3-4 weeks of training
- Travel to Portland or Seattle for 1 week of ground training
- Travel to Seattle several weeks later for 10 consecutive days (Mon - following Wed) of customer service training
- Once proficient in all aspects of the job, will travel to Seattle for remote reservations training
- This is shift work based on bid seniority. After training, hours will fluctuate depending on the needs of the station with first shift as early as 4am and working as late as 1am. If a flight is delayed, employees are required to stay until the flight is complete even if that means after the scheduled end of the shift.
- We are looking for candidates who are flexible and able to work early mornings, afternoons, late evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Flight benefits for you, spouse, children and parents are included.
- Provide frontline customer service to our passengers
- Work directly with passengers in ticket purchases, passenger check-in and flight boarding involving the heavy use of a computer based reservation program (IMAGE)
- Work outdoors in all types of weather conditions - duties include baggage and cargo handling, aircraft marshaling, and aircraft deicing
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum age of 18
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Valid driver's license with a good driving record required, defined by the following: No DUI, DWI, reckless or negligent driving within the last five years, no suspensions, terminations or revocations in the last five years, and no more than three moving violations in the last two years- Previous customer service experience required
- Bilingual strongly preferred (Spanish/English)
- Friendly, knowledgeable and polite in all situations
- Keyboard proficiency required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong diplomacy and teamwork skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to consistently lift 50 pounds required
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced and at times stressful environment
- Ability to perform basic mathematics required
- Ability to work flexible schedules to include weekends and holidays required
- Strong ability to listen and respond effectively to repetitive questions
- Regular and predictable attendance required
- If selected, ability to attend 9 day training in Seattle, WA and Portland, OR required
The location for this position is in Wenatchee, Washington
OUR CULTURE - HORIZON AIR
For eligible employees, our company offers a competitive total rewards package that includes insurance coverage (medical, dental and vision care), a 401(k) retirement savings plan, monthly and annual incentive bonus plans, time off and a generous employee travel program (with flight privileges on Alaska Airlines as well). Key to Horizon Air's success is its distinctive culture, where partnership thrives and co-workers go out of their way to help each other. Each day, employees are guided by the shared values of Integrity, Heart, Partnership, Innovation/Initiative and Continuous Improvement. Horizon Air also fosters a diverse and inclusive culture and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. .
Please apply on or before: November 10, 2016
A few helpful tips when applying -
~Before applying, we recommend that you clear your browsing history including your temporary internet files and disable pop-up blockers. You can accomplish this by going to the Tools tab.
~Gather your paperwork, including your work history (we require 10 years of work history to be added to the application), resume etc. - before you apply to the position.
~ If you would like to include a cover letter, add it as your first page to your resume. Your resume is part of your application and unique to each position you apply to..
~Once in the application, be sure to use the links provided to return to the previous page if needed. The back button is not compatible with our system.
Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air do not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants are also protected by law.
Alaska Airlines y Horizon Air no toleran discriminacion o acoso en base a raza, color, credo, religion, origen nacional, estatus migratorio de residencia o ciudadania, edad, sexo, orientacion sexual, identidad de genero o expresion, estado civil, discapacidad, estado veterano protegido, informacion genetica o cualquier otra base protegida por la legislacion aplicable. Empleados o aspirantes que indaguen, discutan o revelen su compensacion o la remuneracion de otros empleados o aspirantes tambien estan protegidos por ley.