The starting hourly wage for this position is $14.24
- With flight privileges on Horizon Air and Alaska Airlines
HORIZON AIR STORY
Horizon Air: behind the name are men and women with a "can-do" spirit and a passion for excellence. Launched in 1981, Horizon Air provides service to cities throughout California, Alaska, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Baja California Sur (Mexico), and British Columbia and Alberta (Canada). Together, Horizon Air and sister carrier Alaska Airlines serve more than 90 cities and are subsidiaries of Alaska Air Group Inc. (NYSE:ALK).
It's a heartfelt approach, as much as technological innovations and customer-pleasing onboard service, that is at the core of the "Horizon experience". This has brought us national and international recognition: Horizon Air was named "Regional Airline of the Year" by Air Transport World magazine in 2007 and was also ranked among the top 10 domestic single-class airlines by Travel+Leisure magazine readers from 2002 through 2009.
- Customer Service Agents provide frontline customer service to our passengers
- This position works directly with passengers in ticket purchases, passenger check-in, and
flight boarding. Each of these duties involve heavy use of a computer based reservation program (IMAGE).
- In addition to customer relations duties, Customer Service Agents often work outdoors in all types of weather conditions
- These outdoor duties include baggage handling, aircraft servicing and aircraft marshaling
- The work environment for this position is fast-paced and at times stressful
- Other duties as assigned
- Current hours of operation are: 4:10AM - 6:25AM, 11:55AM - 2:20PM and 11:25PM -1:40AM
- Our variable-time agents will backfill for other agent's who are out of the operation. The number of hours scheduled will vary depending on the needs of the station.
- Schedule will be given about 3 weeks in advance.
- We are looking for candidates who are flexible.
- You must be able to obtain and maintain a valid passport allowing unrestricted travel to and from the U.S. at the time of applying required
- Must be a Canadian citizen and/or have legal right to accept employment in Canada
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum age of 18 required
- Valid driver's license with a good driving record required, defined by the following: No DUI, DWI, reckless or negligent driving within the last five years, no suspensions, terminations or revocations in the last five years, and no more than three moving violations in the last two years
- Previous customer service experience required
- Ability to consistently lift 23 kilograms required
- Ability to work flexible schedules to include weekends and holidays required
- Ability to work a split-shift schedule required
- Friendly, knowledgeable and polite in all situations
- Keyboard proficiency
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Strong diplomacy and teamwork skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to perform basic mathematics
- Strong ability to listen and respond effectively to repetitive questions
- Regular and predictable attendance
- If selected, ability to attend 9 days of training in Seattle, WA and Portland, OR.
The location for this position is in Kelowna, British Columbia Canada
OUR CULTURE - HORIZON AIR
For eligible employees, our company offers a competitive total rewards package that includes insurance coverage (medical, dental and vision care), a 401(k) retirement savings plan, monthly and annual incentive bonus plans, time off and a generous employee travel program (with flight privileges on Alaska Airlines as well).
Key to Horizon Air's success is its distinctive culture, where partnership thrives and co-workers go out of their way to help each other. Each day, employees are guided by the shared values of Integrity, Heart, Partnership, Innovation/Initiative and Continuous Improvement. Horizon Air also fosters a diverse and inclusive culture and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please apply on or before: November 14, 2016
A few helpful tips when applying -
~Before applying, we recommend that you clear your browsing history including your temporary internet files and disable pop-up blockers. You can accomplish this by going to the Tools tab.
~Gather your paperwork, including your work history (we require 10 years of work history to be added to the application), resume etc. - before you apply to the position.
~ If you would like to include a cover letter, add it as your first page to your resume. Your resume is part of your application and unique to each position you apply to..
~Once in the application, be sure to use the links provided to return to the previous page if needed. The back button is not compatible with our system.
Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air do not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants are also protected by law.
Alaska Airlines y Horizon Air no toleran discriminacion o acoso en base a raza, color, credo, religion, origen nacional, estatus migratorio de residencia o ciudadania, edad, sexo, orientacion sexual, identidad de genero o expresion, estado civil, discapacidad, estado veterano protegido, informacion genetica o cualquier otra base protegida por la legislacion aplicable. Empleados o aspirantes que indaguen, discutan o revelen su compensacion o la remuneracion de otros empleados o aspirantes tambien estan protegidos por ley.