7 months ago
Location: DTO (Maintenance Hangar).
Boutique Air ramp agents are responsible for washing the airplane, marshaling aircraft, loading/unloading/sorting baggage, deicing the airplane, snow removal on the ramp, and Maintenance Department assistance.
To be considered for a ramp agent/baggage handler position, you must meet the following requirements:
* Be at least 18 years of age
* Possess strong communication skills
* Be a U.S. citizen or upon hire show proof of right to work in the U.S.
* Possess a valid driver’s license
* Able to lift 60 lbs. routinely with or without a reasonable accommodation
* Able to fluently read, write, speak and understand English
* Able to work in stressful situations and tight time constraints, outdoors
* Be self-motivated and a team player
* Able to work nights, weekends, holidays and varying schedules
* Able to successfully complete a background investigation, including FBI fingerprints, criminal history and pre-employment drug test
* Hold a valid drivers license
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a Ramp Agent/Aircraft Cleaner:
* Install and remove protective covers.
* Move aircraft utilizing towing equipment.
* Operate ground support equipment.
* Assist in the movement of aircraft.
* Prepare aircraft for washing by ensuring vent areas are taped and all protective covers are in place.
* Wash and rinse external and internal surface of aircraft and aircraft components to remove grease, dirt, oil fungus and stains.
* Use and maintain high-pressure wash system.
* Polish and clean windscreens / canopies with water, polishing / cleansing compounds and cloth.
* Perform pre / post wash aircraft lubrication utilizing established procedures.
* Comply with Foreign Object Damage (FOD), Hazardous Waste, and Tool Control programs.
* Comply with all established general and industrial safety rules and regulations as applicable to the contract, facility and job assignment.
* Marshal aircraft on the ramp (e.g. directing, assisting and parking all arriving, departing and towed aircraft)
* Observe safe ground-handling procedures and maintenance of ground service equipment, including the performance of equipment checks
* Comply with all safety procedures and airline policies
* Service aircraft as needed (e.g. aircraft lavatories, potable water, window wash, deicing and commissary items)
* Assist in ramp set up and storage of equipment and baggage
* Constantly communicate with flight crew personnel and other ground personnel
* Other duties as assigned by supervisor and manager