Boeing is seeking a Real-time Software Engineer, Mid-Career Level, with embedded programming skills for our Mountain View, CA R&D facility.
• Develops, documents and maintains architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems. The successful candidate will support our software team unitizing Linux, Real-time embedded programming, C++, Python and Matlab.
• Insures application of best practices.
• Works under general supervision
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
This position requires an active (or the ability to obtain) U.S. Security Clearance, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
This position will require the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI Security Clearance.
The successful candidate must demonstrate knowledge/experience in the software engineering discipline with knowledge/experience in the following areas:
• Full life cycle experience in software engineering knowledge is required.
• The candidate must possess strong communication skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment providing coordination of activities within the Development organization and other Functional Areas.
• The candidate must be a self-starter that is able to participate in research and help evaluate new software development tools, processes and procedures.
• C++ programming skills are required.
• Real-time embedded programming is required.
• Experience on Linux or Unix development platforms is required.
• Experience with software architecture and distributed systems design and implementation.
• Full life cycle experience in software engineering is required.
• Java experience is a plus.
• Matlab experience is a plus
• Python is a plus.
• Demonstrated self-starter that is able to initiate research and evaluate new software development tools, processes and procedures.
Typical Education / Experience
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.