Compass Airlines is seeking a Receiving Inspector to join our team at our Minneapolis, Minnesota – Headquarters location. We are looking for an innovative and technical individual, with exceptional business judgment, as well as the initiative and competence to make a significant contribution to the Compass organization.
The Receiving Inspector, as a member of the Quality Control Department, is responsible to the Supervisor, Quality Control, to ensure all aircraft parts meet or exceed regulatory and company contract requirements through the Receiving Inspection Process. Confirm vendors meet and or exceed Compass Airlines maintenance program and regulatory requirements
- A&P License is required and ability to demonstrate use of A/P within 24 months
- One year of maintenance experience on different types of large airplanes (having 10 or more passenger seats) with a FAR part 121, 135 air carrier.
- Ability to hold and maintain Material Inspection (MI) authorization
- Knowledge of GMM, Maintenance Programs, and other related company manuals
- Knowledge of applicable Federal Aviation Regulations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Aviation Management, Business or related filed
- Experience on Embraer 170/175 aircraft
- Receiving Inspection Experience under Part 121 Regulations
Job Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of aircraft maintenance programs and technical standards.
- Be familiar the industry’s General Maintenance Manuals, Aircraft Maintenance Manual (AMM) and applicable Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs).
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal form to various levels of the organization.
- Ability to travel and or stay at various Compass vendor maintenance sites including international locations and to professionally represent the Company to internal and external entities.
The Receiving Inspector is responsible to the Director Quality & Chief Inspector and reports directly to the Supervisor of Quality Control. Receiving Inspectors are responsible for inspecting and receiving of all company aircraft parts ensuring that all regulatory and company requirements are met. The Inspector’s duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Performs assigned Receiving Inspection functions in accordance with the Company’s GMM and applicable Federal Aviation Regulations to ensure that the Company aircraft parts are received and stored to the prescribed standards.
- Provides a quality oversight for all aircraft parts, tools, and materials stores activities
- Performs Material Inspections of incoming aircraft components and materials to ensure the use of legal, conforming, and applicable parts and materials.
- Ensures that all aircraft parts received are not Suspected Unapproved Parts per FAA AC 21-29C.
- Conducts surveillance and sampling of receiving and parts stores areas.
- During receiving of aircraft parts assures the receipt of approved documentation pertinent to part, materials, tools, and test equipment and that a high standard of workmanship is present.
- Assists to ensure Compass processes, i.e. Calibrated Tools, Shelf Life Items, quarantine, and scrapped parts, in various locations are accomplished in accordance with company manuals.
- As designated and assigned by the Director, Quality & Chief Inspector, accomplish safety and housekeeping checks of hangar and warehouse storage work areas.
- Provide guidance and assistance to stores personnel in order to train, maintain, and enhance compliance to programs, policies, and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Description Disclaimer:
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
How to Apply:
If interested, please select the “Apply for this position” button below. All submissions must include salary requirements.
Compass Airlines is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, religion, color, disabled or veteran status, national origin, gender, age, citizenship status or other protected class status covered by federal, state or local law.
All applicants must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and background check.