6 months ago
Post Begin Date
Important Job Details
We are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the effectiveness of Southwest Airlines. Above all, Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
* Facilitates the interview process, including the consensus, for assigned Customers; conducts interviews in a fair and consistent manner.
* Effectively and passionately sells SWA to potential candidates and Customers.
* Works as an SME (subject matter expert) in regards to all things HR when partnering with a Customer.
* Mentors and develops Coordinators.
* Regularly attends and effectively engages in networking events.
* Establishes effective and long lasting Customer relationships and builds rapport with all internal Customers.
* Utilizes Applicant Tracking System and effective sourcing techniques to identify the right candidate for the right job.
* Aides Recruiter I in developing effective and strategic sourcing plans, especially for critical and/or hard to fill positions.
* Screens resumes, conducts phone interviews and one-on-one interviews with candidates.
* Assist and provide guidance to internal Customers with their strategic staffing plans.
* Ensures StarQuest selection process is followed consistently.
* Coordinates employment events with assigned Customer groups.
* Conducts thorough reference checks on all candidates.
* Maintain and provide weekly updates of recruiting efforts and needs, if required.
* Develops and maintains positive working relationship with Department Leadership and other Employees in assigned areas.
* Provides constructive feedback to job candidates on application and selection status.
* Travels as required to assigned location(s) and assists other Recruiters as needed.
* Participates in job fairs and public speaking engagements such as high schools, colleges, trade shows or conferences.
* Applies appropriate employment laws, Southwest Airlines guidelines and Affirmative Action policies to the hiring process.
* Promotes the People Department and nurtures relationships with internal Customers.
* Negotiates salaries and extends employment offers at any level.
* Works in concert with the Compliance Team to develop fair and consistent recruiting practices.
* Willingness and ability to take on special projects as requested by Leader.
* Assists Compliance Team to deliver Affirmative Action goals and develop hiring strategy to meet Department and Company needs. Acts as an Affirmative Action coach and mentor for developing Recruiters.
* Conducts training as needed, including but not limited to: Starquest Interview Team Members, Starquest Leadership Training, New Recruiter Training Manual, and in conjunction with People Services, Affirmative Action Basics Training
* Conducts Leadership and MIT interviews in Team Leader or Manager’s absence.
Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
May perform other job duties as directed by Employee’s Leaders.
High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
* High School Diploma or equivalency required.
* College degree preferred.
* 3-5 years corporate employment experience with an excellent performance record or other relatable job experience.
* 2 years of experience implementing and executing successful 'out of the box' sourcing techniques.
* Working knowledge of using the following to source both active and passive talent: social media, google strings, blogs, etc.
* Experience handling a workload of 10+ requisitions across several disciplines.
* Will be frequently required to stand and/or sit for long periods of time.
* Must be able to make public presentations.
* Must be able to handle 10+ job requisitions while meeting and/or exceeding established hiring timelines.
* Ability to source, recruit and interview for high level, critical need positions.
* Knowledge of SWA operations and previous SWA Leadership preferred.
* Working knowledge of accepted SWA employment guidelines and applicable employment laws, Affirmative Action goals and other HR practices.
* Working knowledge of SWA Compensation and relocation guidelines.
* Ability to evaluate candidates’ potential, relative to job requirements and decision-making skills for job placement.
* Maintains hiring goals and timelines in accordance with Company growth.
* Effective relationship building skills with the ability to adapt to a multitude of personalities.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be able to effectively present information to large groups.
* Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to follow-up on issues in a timely manner.
* Proficient in Microsoft Word, familiar with other Microsoft Office Products and company e-mail and ability to learn required systems.
* Flourishes in a Team environment – works with others as part of a Team as well as inspires Teamwork.
* Self-directed and comfortable working independently.
* Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
* Ability to effectively interact with Internal and External Customers.
* Flexible work hours, including long days ; including weekend and evening events
* Up to 20% (Corporate) and 80% (Field) travel, including overnight stays.
* Ability to work under tight time constraints.
* Will be constantly required to write/type for long periods of time.
* Will frequently be required to talk on the phone.
* Meets departmental grooming, attendance, and performance standards.
Must be able to work well with others as part of a Team.
Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines.
Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines.
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Refer a FriendRefer
Share on your newsfeed
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us through our Talent Communities.
Interested in this career opportunity?
Go back to the welcome page
Software Powered by iCIMS