This is an exciting time to join PSA! As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the U.S., we have unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. PSA Airlines is known for its outstanding safety and training culture, and has a long history of excellence that we’re proud to carry forward. With over 2,500 employees, PSA is an exciting, fast-paced place to work. At PSA, we are a close-knit, passionate team that values each other’s opinions and holds ourselves and others accountable to be our absolute best.
RECRUITING COORDINATOR, FLIGHT ATTENDANTS
Location: Vandalia, OH (Corporate Headquarters)
Department: Human Resources
Reports To: Director of Recruiting
Travel: Moderate (20-40%, 2-3 overnights per month)
Relocation: Local candidates preferred
Summary: Flight Attendant recruiting is a high volume, fast-paced environment that sees an average of 900 applications, 100+ interviews, 4-6 offsite events, 50+ flights/hotels booked, and 25-50 hires every month. The Recruiting Coordinator will help us hire the best of the best to meet our growth plans. S/he will be responsible for administrative staffing support, new hire processing, and onboarding coordination for the Flight Attendant Recruiting and Inflight Services teams.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Coordinate the interview process, with candidate invitations and recruiter schedules.
- Organize and process candidates in the Applicant Tracking System (ATS), assigning and updating all workflow, interview, and schedule changes in the candidate’s profile.
- Maintain communications and relationships with new hires to resolve any issues/questions as they move through the hiring process.
- Assist with planning, contract management, attendance coordination, and scheduling travel and accommodations for FA Recruiting events.
- Coordinate event materials, including paperwork, equipment, décor and promotional items.
- Attend events to act as support to FA Recruiting team, which may include processing candidates’ legal documents, collecting fingerprints, and coordinating interview materials.
- Provide support to FA Recruiter, with focus on scheduling candidate travel and accommodations and coordinating candidate communication in the ATS.
- Process applicant paperwork and filing on a regular basis using compliance guidelines.
- Under direction of leadership, create and maintain position-specific Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) documentation.
- Act as primary coordinator of Flight Attendant new hire processing and paperwork, from offer acceptance through Day 1 Orientation.
- Coordinate and schedule all new hire travel related to pre-employment and Onboarding.
- 1-2 years of administrative experience; human resources support experience preferred
- 1-2 years of customer service, hospitality, sales, or Flight Attendant experience
- Intermediate proficiency or above in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Working knowledge of scheduling and booking travel and accommodations
- Ability to work with a team under minimal supervision and meet deadlines in an aggressive growth environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and a professional demeanor is essential
- BS/BA degree preferred but not required if proven relevant experience exists
- Experience booking travel using Sabre or similar technology
- Knowledge of recruiting / talent acquisition processes desired
- Working knowledge of applicant tracking systems preferred
- Experience coordinating recruitment events (e.g. round robin interviews, job fairs, career events)
- Exposure to legal and compliance aspects of Recruiting / HR
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated / Strong initiative
- Strong communication (oral and written)
- Highly effective time management
- Intellectual aptitude
- Attention to detail
- Focus on excellence
If you are looking to be a part of a growing organization and feel your personal goals and values align with our vision, please apply today. When you complete the application, demonstrate your attention to detail by telling us which of our values resonates with you the most and why.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position with an expectation of occasional evening and weekend hours as job duties demand.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment and on-the-road. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.