The Recruiting Manager, Government Programs will develop and implement the recruiting program for AAR’s Aviation Services Government Programs group. This is an outstanding opportunity to build a defense recruiting team in a growing, fast paced company and partner with senior leadership. This Manager will provide leadership and direction to the government programs recruiting team, as well as post open positions, screen candidates and manage the full cycle of recruiting. The role will recommend and implement innovative sourcing strategies and specific recruiting programs and practices to help create a pipeline process to quickly deliver diverse top talent to business capability lines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop innovative recruiting program for Government Programs group.
- Create a sourcing strategy for each key skill segment and execute against that sourcing strategy and identify candidates.
- Create database of candidates suitable for CONUS and OCONUS work.
- Network and attend job fairs to attract and connect former military personnel.
- Collect and analyze data to provide competitive compensation packages.
- Partner with Government Programs business unit and HR Manager
- Recruits in accordance with the hiring policy and procedures to meet AAR’s diversity initiatives.
- Prepares and places job advertisements internally on the company website and intranet, and externally on online recruiting sites to identify the most qualified and diverse candidates.
- Reviews applications after having knowledge of what the hiring manager is looking for in a candidate.
- Phone screens the most qualified candidates, ensuring they meet the minimum qualifications defined on the job description.
- Interview applicants that meet the minimum qualifications, and provide them with information about AAR and the desired position.
- Travel may be required.
- All other duties as assigned.
Commitment to company values and ethics
Dependability: personally responsible, completes work in a timely manner, and performs tasks accurately
Motivation: must maintain a positive attitude and strong work energy
Analytical skills: must be able to gather information and use data to determine cause and effect for complex problem solving
Communication : excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills
Leadership: inspires and motivates others to perform well, accepts feedback from others
Quality management: looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
Judgment : displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions.
Creativity: makes constructive suggestions and creates novel solutions to problems; evaluates new technology as potential solutions to existing problems
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor Degree from four-year college or university in human resources, business, or a related area, or, eight years related experience and/or training;or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Security clearance, or ability to obtain, is a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about the facility. The environmental characteristic for this position is an office setting. Candidates should be able to adapt to a traditional business environment.
Job: Human Resources
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Wood Dale
Overtime Status: Exempt