ALASKA AIRLINES' STORY
Alaska Airlines is one of the most respected names in aviation and flies throughout its namesake state and the Lower 48, as well as to Hawaii, Canada and Mexico. Our roots date to 1932 and are symbolized by the Eskimo painted on the tails of our aircraft. Guided by what we call the "Alaska Spirit", we pride ourselves on providing a lifeline to remote communities while delivering renowned service to everyone we fly. This commitment has brought us national and international recognition. We've been honored with a variety of awards by readers of Travel + Leisure, Conde Nast Traveler, USA Today and others. Alaska is the premier airline for people on the West Coast and, together with its sister carrier Horizon Air, flies to more than 90 destinations. The two airlines are subsidiaries of Alaska Air Group Inc. (NYSE:ALK) with annual revenues exceeding $4 billion.
**This position requires you to be willing and able to relocate to the Eastern Region, which could include: EWR, BOS, JFK, PHL, BWI, DCA, IAD, DTW, IND, ATL
- Responsible for oversight of cargo vendor operations, performance, and compliance.
- Oversee cargo operations at vendor locations to include: Cargo acceptance, security, general cargo handling and build up processes, arrivals and delivery, accounting, international handling, dangerous goods handling, etc.
-Investigate and report delays and irregular cargo activity, determining solutions for how to avoid such delays in the future
- Involved ensuring company cargo service standards are maintained or exceeded
- Involved in customer relations including customer complaints, service failures and follow up, claims research and resolution.
- Monitor vendor performance, create and distribute performance reports and report cards.
- Monitor Greenlight and assist vendors with IDM requirements and training coordination.
- Monitor compliance with FAA, TSA, CBP, and company regulations and review applicable documents regularly.
- Ensure equipment and supplies are available and working for employees to perform job functions effectively, removing other obstacles facing work group (follow up with ICS, Facilities, Airport and Vendor when needed)
- Represent Alaska Airlines Customer Service-Airports at various meetings with the Vendors, Airport, other airlines, and regulatory agencies when necessary.
- Assist with budgetary controls and accountable documents
- Complete required audits and ensure regulatory and company compliance.
- The Contract Service Lead will not be responsible for Alaska Airlines employment decisions and/or the administration of discipline
- Other duties as assigned
- Embody the Alaska Spirit and conduct oneself with Professionalism, Integrity, Resourcefulness and Caring
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Two year's airline experience with proven skills in station operations, including one of the following areas: passenger service, cargo handling, fleet service, and ground operations required
- Experience with agent scheduling and budget controls preferred
- Experience with coaching employees on performance related issues preferred
- Able to lead, motivate, and successfully communicate with a diverse workgroup and other internal departments required
- Must be willing to become GSC qualified
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and PPT. Access proficiency not required but preferred
-Must have excellent written skills
- Proven ability to tactfully communicate with others required
- Position to begin within two weeks of the interview process required
- Must be flexible to work weekends, holidays and various shifts required
- Approximately 50 - 75% travel depending on the needs of the operation required
- Must be willing and able to relocate to the Eastern Region. Station to be determined based on operational needs.
OUR CULTURE - ALASKA AIRLINES
For eligible employees, our company offers a unique total rewards package that few companies can match, including insurance coverage for medical, dental and vision care, 401(k) retirement savings plans, monthly and annual incentive bonus plans, time off and a generous employee travel program. Each day, we are guided by our core values of Professionalism, Caring, Resourcefulness, Integrity and Alaska Spirit at work and in our communities. Alaska Airlines also fosters a diverse and inclusive culture and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please apply on or before: November 12, 2016
A few helpful tips when applying -
~Before applying, we recommend that you clear your browsing history including your temporary internet files and disable pop-up blockers. You can accomplish this by going to the Tools tab.
~Gather your paperwork, including your work history (we require 10 years of work history to be added to the application), resume etc. - before you apply to the position.
~ If you would like to include a cover letter, add it as your first page to your resume. Your resume is part of your application and unique to each position you apply to..
~Once in the application, be sure to use the links provided to return to the previous page if needed. The back button is not compatible with our system.
Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air do not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants are also protected by law.
Alaska Airlines y Horizon Air no toleran discriminacion o acoso en base a raza, color, credo, religion, origen nacional, estatus migratorio de residencia o ciudadania, edad, sexo, orientacion sexual, identidad de genero o expresion, estado civil, discapacidad, estado veterano protegido, informacion genetica o cualquier otra base protegida por la legislacion aplicable. Empleados o aspirantes que indaguen, discutan o revelen su compensacion o la remuneracion de otros empleados o aspirantes tambien estan protegidos por ley.