12 months ago
Spirit Airlines is seeking a talented Regional Director of Airport Operations to join our growing team. The Regional Director of Airport Operations leads a team of airport General Managers to meet Spirit Airlines’ customer service and operational performance goals, to drive improvements to reduce costs and increase efficiencies, and to oversee development of General Managers and staff. The Director also ensures regional compliance with Spirit and regulatory policies and procedures in a safe and professional manner.
* Deliver superior operational performance by leading cross functional teams in the execution of efficient, safe and secure day-to-day operations.
* Orchestrate the delivery of exceptional customer service through the creative management of people, processes, policies and technology.
* Maintain and further a cost-effective and efficient operation through sound and innovative financial management and oversight. Responsible for building station budgets, managing to them, and forecasting real time changes to station economics.
* Thoughtfully manage organic and new station operational growth, partnering with airport authorities and internal stakeholders to ensure seamless growth while maintaining safety and operational and service performance.
* Build an exceptional group of Team Members, both direct and Service Provider, by selecting and developing key individuals in leadership roles and driving success through coaching and counseling.
* Permeate the importance of safe operating practices throughout the organization, empowering each Team Member with the authority and responsibility to stop the operation if the safety of personnel or assets is in jeopardy. Live the Safety Always culture.
* Ensure that all stations are appropriately staffed and plan ahead to anticipate future staffing needs or deficiencies. Take steps to ensure staffing remains adequate at all times.
* At least ten (10) years of experience in airport operations required.
* Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience required.
* Graduate degree with a business or management related concentration preferred.
* Ability to work under minimal supervision/direction.
* Up to 50% travel may be required.
* Work under pressure while still maintaining near 100% accuracy.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
* Ability to work independently and in teams on multiple assignments.
* Understanding of international business operations and human resource management.
* Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, handle conflicting priorities, and utilize excellent communications skills.
* Highly approachable professional demeanor.
* Proficient in financial planning and reporting.
* Previous management or supervisory experience preferred.
* Must be willing to be fingerprinted and have the ability to pass a background check to obtain security badges for airport locations.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits to our team members including medical, dental, STD, LTD, life insurance, 401(k), paid time off, travel benefits and much more. We strive to maintain a professional, yet friendly environment and promote professional and career development for our team members.
Spirit Airlines is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of employment are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.