4 months ago
REACH won the prestigious "Program of the Year Award" presented by the Association of Air Medical Services for 2015. Our outstanding reputation is due in great part to our notable safety practices and effective customer service program. This award is hailed as one of the air medical transport industry's highest honors and is presented annually to the company whose program clearly exceeds industry standards for safety, patient care, leadership and community service.
Founded in 1987, our mission statement is "In every situation, do what is right for the patient." The company has consistently demonstrated a commitment to patient care and has transported more than 100,000 critically ill and inured patients to date. We have over 30 bases in California, Oregon, Nevada, Montana, Colorado and Texas.
The Regional Maintenance Manager – Base Mechanics will be primarily responsible for the effective delivery of maintenance services at all bases other than the main maintenance facility. He/she will hire and develop skilled and qualified staff, develop high quality, safe and efficient processes and systems to maintain all aircraft in a safe, effective and compliant state of flight readiness. This position manages and supervises all out base maintenance personnel, duty scheduling, equipment, processes and standardization to ensure the highest degree of safety, quality and compliance. This position also works directly with the MRO Maintenance Hangar Manager to coordinate all scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, which may include equipment, or aircraft transfer to the main maintenance facility.
Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Manages and directs scheduling of all out base maintenance personnel to ensure coverage according to REACH policy.
* Coordinates and consults with MRO Maintenance Hangar Manager for the timely accomplishment of all scheduled and unscheduled maintenance events, which require aircraft relocation to the main maintenance facility.
* Develops and sustains a system for out base standardization to include facility layout, equipment, tools, inventory, processes and base communication.
* Ensures out base facilities are equipped with current technical publications, equipment and tools which meet the requirements of Federal regulations and/or company policy.
* Coordinates periodic audits of bases to assess compliance with company safety and standardization policy; responsible for implementation of any corrective action recommended as a result of the audit.
* Participates in Process Review at all out bases on a rotating basis; facilitates sharing best practices.
* Tracks and schedules training needs for all out base mechanics.
* Ensures that base mechanics keep tools, equipment and maintenance area in a repaired, clean, and safe condition. Maintains close communication with base Lead Pilots and Program Managers and participates in or facilitates problem-solving, process improvement, and internal customer relations.
* Monitors base mechanic performance, provides training, coaching and counseling as needed and conducts performance reviews.
* Serves as first point of contact beyond each base mechanic for non-technical base maintenance and personnel issues.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
* Valid Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) certificate.
* Inspection Authorization (IA) certificate or ability to attain IA rating within one (1) year.
* Previous experience working under CFR Parts 135 and 145 preferred.
* Experience in providing maintenance services in remote or small self-contained facilities with minimal supervision preferred.
* Highly knowledgeable of Federal Aviation Regulations and of EMS aviation practices and requirements.
* Maintenance experience on the Agusta 109, Bell 407, Airbus EC135, AS350, Beechcraft B200, and PC-12 aircraft preferred.
* Minimum seven (7) years aircraft maintenance experience preferred, including management and supervisory duties.
* Required to travel regularly to REACH out bases.
* Capable of maintaining flexibility and adaptability in leading company maintenance activities supporting around-the-clock air ambulance operations.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
* Basic computer skills (word processor, database, spreadsheet).
* Responds to the needs of those served and demonstrates concern for meeting those needs.
* Tailors each interaction to the specific needs of the person and/or situation.
* Responds quickly, safely and efficiently to problems that arise while providing service and/or leadership.
* Demonstrates consistent, clear and courteous communication.
* Is receptive, responsive and realistic.
* Provides timely, constructive feedback that contributes to others' development (each member must demonstrate a commitment to help each other succeed).
* Takes responsibility for individual and team actions, decisions and results.
* Measures progress against agreed upon plans and stated goals.
* Dedicated to team success.
* Performs work with high quality and excellence.
* Dependable and delivers on established timelines.
* Thinks broadly when seeking new ways to improve performance, processes and services.
* Seeks out and utilizes best practices.
Working Conditions and Physical Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
* Must be acceptable in accordance with the FAA drug and alcohol testing program.
* Activities requiring moderate amount of sitting, standing, walking, speaking and listening.
* Frequent hands to key ability to input data and information.
* Close and distance visual capabilities.
* Capable of lifting 50 pounds floor to bench height.
* Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
Entails exposure to the following environmental conditions:
* Constant exposure to routine office noises, such as office machines, conversations, foot traffic; moderate electrical or mechanical hazards.
* Some exposure (less than 1/3rd) to loud aircraft noise, moving mechanical parts, fumes, toxic chemicals, airborne particles, risk of electrical shock.
* Traveling by air or ground may be required.
REACH offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, as well as a 401(k) plan. We also offer a flexible paid-time-off program and voluntary supplemental life insurance packages.
REACH is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for the position applied for without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or other non-merit factors.
We welcome and encourage applications from minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities (including disabled veterans).