The ideal candidate for this career opportunity is a motivated, energetic individual who has demonstrated sales experience in the Turboprop market within Arizona and/or California.
- In conjunction with the Sales Director and the Sector Business Developer, determines sales territory strategy and qualifies potential prospects.
- Conducts sales calls, prepares and performs product delivery presentations, provides product support, and performs other sales and marketing functions as needed. Coordinates sales effort with the segment/sector team and relevant BU personnel.
- Establishes, maintains and develops business relationships with customers and potential customers to optimize customer base profit.
- Provides feedback to Operations and the segment/sector team to assist with qualification of customer needs and the organization’s ability to serve those needs.
- Coordinates and manages the relationship between the organization and the approved intermediary of the company as required; participates in the Sales Intermediary selection, negotiation, and agreements. Responsible for developing the skills of and keeping the intermediary up-to-date on technical matters and corporate policy.
- Completes induction information for each customer transaction in conjunction with Customer Service Representatives and Customer Program Representatives as assigned.
- Responds promptly to inquiries and provides proposals or options for service and/or sales required to meet customers’ needs. Expedites the resolution of customer problems/complaints.
- Maintains the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) or Sales Force Dot Com (SFDC) database.
- Attends industry trade shows, sales meetings, marketing workshops and other special events as required. Hosts and coordinates customer visits.
- Provides management with oral and written reports on customer needs, concerns, interests, market situation, competitive activities and potential for new products and/or services.
- Manages transactional costs by applying a thorough knowledge of market segment cost drivers.
- Keeps abreast of products, applications, technical service, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical services.
- Contributes to the development of strategic business plans and marketing initiatives and to the preparation of sales forecasts, budgets, quotes and other projections.
- College diploma in business administration or engineering technology; or equivalent.
- Several years of sales experience in an aerospace/aviation environment. Turboprop experience is a definite asset.
- Strong planning, organizational, analytical, leadership, interpersonal, decision making, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong negotiation, conflict resolution and customer service skills.
- Thorough product knowledge of specific market sector.
- Thorough knowledge of sales/marketing computer information systems.
- Working knowledge of PC's in the current company operating system environment.
- Up to 50% travel required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.