3 months ago
Regulatory Affairs Investigator
Post Begin Date
Important Job Details
We are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the effectiveness of Southwest Airlines. Above all, Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
* Responsible to properly investigate accidents and incidents below NTSB reportable criteria for the non-punitive purposes of Safety and
* process improvement.
* Notify the appropriate Southwest Airlines Leadership of letters of investigation, voluntary self disclosures, and inquiries and concerns received from regulators.
* Represent Technical Operations in joint investigations with other departments at Southwest Airlines.
* Create written reports and presentations for the purpose of sharing facts gathered in an investigation.
* Serve as the formal communications and contact point between Southwest Airlines Technical Operations and regulatory entities.
* Establish and maintain a working relationship with the Federal Aviation Administration and other regulatory entities that inspire trust and confidence.
* Facilitate in negotiations between the Federal Aviation Administration and Southwest Airlines Leaders to establish root causes and comprehensive fixes to internal failures and improvement opportunities.
* Responsible for producing and gaining senior leadership approval of formal correspondence and comprehensive fixes concerning Federal Aviation Administration enforcement actions between Southwest Airlines and the Federal Aviation Administration.
* Respond to ATOS and other non-regulatory findings requiring formal correspondence with the Federal Aviation Administration.
* Investigate possible non-compliance of federal regulations and obtain written and/or verbal statements from Employees or providers in order to mitigate Southwest Airlines liability through the Voluntary Disclosure Reporting Program.
* Propose and initiate the strategy for corrective actions to Federal Aviation Administration enforcement investigative reports.
* Coordinate and conduct meetings with senior leadership and multi-disciplinary teams for the development of resolutions to letters of investigation, voluntary self disclosures, and other regulatory matters.
* Collaborate with the Southwest Airlines General Counsel for the resolution of enforcement actions.
* Ensure changes to Southwest Airlines documents relating to the resolution of enforcement actions are adequate and processed properly in a timely manner.
* Assign and monitor actions taken to fulfill regulatory commitments for completion of corrective actions through tracking and management of regulatory commitments.
* Provide regulatory data to other Southwest Airlines Technical Operations departments in support of their programs.
* Provide guidance to internal and external Customers regarding Southwest Airlines policy as it relates to federal regulation.
* Accept varying tasks that are unplanned and not part of the job responsibility, but which are important to the success of Southwest Airlines and comply with directives set forth by the Supervisor Regulatory Affairs.
Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
May perform other job duties as directed by Employee’s Leaders.
High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
Must posses a high school diploma or equivalent. College course work or degree would be an asset.
At least five years of Maintenance experience on large transport category aircraft.
Aviation maintenance supervisory and/or investigative experience is preferred.
Must have a current Airframe and Powerplant Certification.
* Physically this position requires the ability to speak, hear, walk, and remain seated for long periods of time.
* Must possess extensive computer skills.
* Must be well organized with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Candidate must be able to assimilate technical data for verbal and written response to regulatory authorities.
* Must work under time constraints to accomplish assignments and projects by assigned deadlines.
* Must be able to work well as part of a team and have the ability to handle complex issues in a fast paced environment.
Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines.
* Must maintain confidentiality of proprietary information handled in daily tasks.
* Must have working knowledge of the Federal Aviation Regulations with strong emphasis on part 121 operations
* Must be able to travel and stay overnight occasionally which could include part of a weekend to support initiatives of the department.
Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines.
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Refer a FriendRefer
Share on your newsfeed
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us through our Talent Communities.
Interested in this career opportunity?
Go back to the welcome page
Software Powered by iCIMS