THIS JOB HAS THE ABILITY TO WORK REMOTELY
The Aircraft Systems Engineer reports to the Manager and is responsible for the technical accuracy and reliability of the company’s aircraft. Additional responsibilities include ensuring the Boeing 747 aircraft’s systems technical accuracy and reliability in the following ATA’s- 21, 24, 25, 27, 28, 29, 30, 32, 33, 35, 36, 38, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 and 57.
- Prioritize systems engineering actions
- Provide budgetary data on projects and issues as directed
- Report on the status of projects and issues as directed
- Issue instructions and documents to economically support operations and return aircraft to service in a safe, airworthy and timely manner
- Develop and/or obtain approved data, acceptable data and Alternate Methods of Compliance (AMOCs) for repairs, alterations and modifications
- Update technical source documents when necessary to guarantee accuracy
- Support the integration of both new and previously-operated aircraft
- Liaise with manufacturer, maintenance representatives, repair & overhaul (MRO) facilities, outside engineering departments, regulatory personnel and other outside agencies
- THIS JOB HAS THE ABILITY TO WORK REMOTELY
Key Objectives (Metrics/Activities):
- Evaluate Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs), Notices of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRMs), Airworthiness Directives (ADs), Service Bulletins (SBs), Service Letters (SLs) and other notifications of in-service issues
- Develop product improvement modifications as directed by Reliability Indicators
- Work with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) on emerging issues to help ensure safety and airworthiness, while minimizing the economic impact
- Within the allocated time schedule and budget allowance, organize, develop and provide all necessary Systems Engineering documentation required to complete aircraft Systems modifications and repairs
- Establish component repair and build specifications to enhance dispatch reliability in accordance with budgetary and regulatory requirements
- Provide technical support to Technical Operations, Ground Operations, Flight Operations, and other Company personnel
- Coordinate with other Engineering staff to provide 24/7 technical support
- Review systems portion of the Aircraft Maintenance and Inspection Program, and initiate maintenance program changes and changes to maintenance documents
Preferred Technical Skills:
- Microsoft Word/Microsoft Excel
- Familiar with aircraft and engine system components
- Strong technical skills and knowledge of large aircraft system design
- Ability to identify cost effective engineering solutions
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to interface with manufacturers and regulatory agencies
- Some financial analysis skills required
Experience & Education:
- ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE WORKING WITH MAJOR AIRLINE
- Minimum 10 years in Aircraft Systems Engineering
- At least 5-to-7 years in applied engineering setting
- B.S. Engineering/Technical Engineering Degree (ME or AE) or equivalent experience
STS AeroStaff Services provides opportunities for our candidates to connect with our client base. Our goal is to deliver the best possible workforce to meet and exceed the needs of some of the most prestigious companies in the aviation industry. We want to provide exceptional results. Our experienced and driven recruiting staff at STS wants to help you develop your career.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package to our employees. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Have questions? Give us a call at .
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.
Job ID: 33727