||Repair Engineer ll
|Exempt / Non-Exempt:
Provide repair solutions for in service aircraft and aircraft in heavy maintenance. Applicant should have relevant airline, MRO, or OEM in-service support experience. Solutions consist of the engineering design and support documentation suitable for FAA and customer approval for modifications and/or complex repairs on aircraft and components. Duties will include accomplishment of task assignments as directed from a Project Lead or Engineering Management. Develop and substantiate engineering documents and provide assistance and training for less-experienced engineering staff, and interact with different members of internal and external organizations. Provide on-site support for shop personnel and act as on-site liaison for company engineering functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Analyze and substantiate moderately complex aircraft repairs using standard accepted industry practices. Produce technical investigation for which FAA approval can be obtained to ensure compliance with all appropriate regulatory, customer, OEM, ATS, operations, and maintenance requirements.
• Review existing technical data, technical drawings, and previous history for entire airframe structure, mechanical / hydraulic systems and components, engine pylon/struts, and landing gear; in addition, some avionics, indication, lighting, and electrical systems are occasionally reviewed. Background should be familiar with composite structures and components.
• Provide written technical accomplishment instructions for aircraft and component repairs or modifications to maintenance, customer, and regulatory authorities as necessary.
• Create various types of engineering drawings using common CAD software such as AutoCAD and Solidworks.
• Ensure and confirm that all applicable customer, OEM, regulatory, and maintenance requirements are met.
• Approve engineering documents within authorized signatory level.
• Participate in the development of work statements and hour estimates in support of proposals.
• Represent ATS on engineering technical matters with OEM’s, customers, operators, and regulatory authorities.
• Monitor and approve engineering use of Customer, OEM, and other technical data to ensure compliance with all appropriate regulations and requirements.
• Communicate technical details of repair or modification designs through technical writing and computer drafting functions.
• Lead activities of engineering staff at the discretion of Engineering Management to achieve accurate and timely completion of modifications and repairs during maintenance and component overhaul visits.
• Plan, review, organize, and prioritize engineering tasks to ensure Engineering completes tasks and maintains responsiveness in order to maintain aircraft, component, and engineering program schedules.
The individual in this position may initiate technical instructions that are substantiated by data acceptable to or approved by the FAA and EASA or equivalent. For technical instruction pertaining to work accomplished on aircraft or components operated under CFR Part 91, 121, and 145, authority is as specified by the air carrier's procedures and/or ATS Repair Station Manual.
The individual in this position will observe all company, health, safety, and environmental rules at ATS, ensures that employees have full information on their area specific safety issues, all unique hazards identified, and the individual is provided with the proper equipment to carry out their job in a safe manner. Also, the entire work area must be maintained to a high standard of housekeeping and low incidence of physical hazards and all accidents must be promptly reported to your supervisor or manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
• Ability to understand and apply information from Structural Repair Manuals (SRMs), Aircraft Maintenance Manuals (AMMs), Illustrated Parts Catalogs (IPCs), Service Bulletins (SBs), Airworthiness Directives (ADs) and other aircraft reference materials.
• Ability to interpret and use aircraft manufacturing, assembly, and installation drawings.
• Ability to understand regulatory requirements for airworthiness, for the FAA and various foreign authorities (EASA, etc.) and include in engineering documents, drawings and designs.
• Must be adaptable and flexible at all times and apply their knowledge and skills to develop creative solutions to a wide variety of unique design, modification, and repair problems encountered.
• Strong PC skills including the MS Office suite and computer drafting skills.
• Ability to accomplish basic stress analysis and substantiation for complex repairs or modifications using standard accepted industry practices and other structural design methodologies.
• Ability to understand and promote the policies / procedures of ATS, and ATS Engineering.
• Ability to understand and apply the policies / procedures of all customer(s).
• Assertive communication skills.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Aerospace, Mechanical, or Civil Engineering desired with a minimum of six (6) years relevant aerospace experience or 10 years of equivalent aircraft design experience required.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND DEXTERITY:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to sit; use their hands and arms; and talk or hear; and focus on objects close up. The employee will also be required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• Position may require overnight travel, being on-call, and responding to technical AOG situations during off hours
• Position may require being assigned to alternative shifts such as Day, Night, Swing, and Weekends in order to support programs or installations
• Normal business office conditions generally prevail. The noise level is usually low to moderate. Employee may be working in a cubicle, enclosed office, or open area. Floor may be carpeted or bare.
This job description is not a contract for employment and either party may terminate employment at any time. The job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. ATS reserves the right to revise the job description at any time.